448     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 353     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 4.3K     5 

Silos: this is nice (Copenhagen)

M

maxy505

This is a silo conversion in Copenhagen. I think it would be gorgeous in Toronto, especially given the location.

1gemini.jpg

7gemini.jpg

Not bad for living in, either:

12gemini.jpg

11gemini.jpg

I'd be all over that; but I wonder if it's too risky in the Toronto market, for developers and buyers alike?

read more here

Gimme, gimme.

There was an article in today's Star about an "incremental" strategy for the foot of Bathurst (no more Metronomes).

I'm glad they want to remove hazardous steel 10 floors up and plant marigolds, but I fear this is code for "I dunno what to do with it".

3D - was it the Star? I can't find it on their site... it sounds interesting.

Very interesting. It reminds me of the old twin-tube Sapphire Tower design, but the interior looks a lot roomier than the units Stinson has been proposing.

Interesting. but you said this is a Silo conversion? I assume that means there were Silos there prior to re-building it.

I could see them doing something like this with the Canadian Malting Plant or the Silos that are sitting in that field that used to be "Hobo City" out on the waterfront. Moreso the Canadian Malting Plant as it is right on the waters edge and it already surrounded by waterfront condos.

Could be a fitting use for those "Ontario North Now!" silos on the western-end of Ontario Place.

Back