1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 556     0 

Seeking Recommendations

K

kpad

Hey, all. I have a friend coming in from out of town next week, and we are going to have dinner together. She's going to be staying at the Sheraton, and I was hoping to take her to a nice, trendy yet classy restaurant in the core. Good cosy/intimate atmosphere is preferable. Both in mid-20s, professionals, but not terribly 'po-mo'.

As for price range, I'd prefer something not too outlandish, but I'm willing to blow $150 if the restaurant is right. Obviously, I'd rather have something about half that expensive.

Any recommendations?

Oro on Elm St. is good. Great food, reasonable prices and cosy atmosphere - not too stuffy. I've had the hen and lamb - both were excellent. Great desserts too. Globe and Mail puts it in the Top 10 restaurants in Canada.

www.ororestaurant.com/

Hemispheres in the Metropolitan Hotel is good too. The rack of lamb was excellent (you guessed it, I love lamb) and there's a killer banana creme pie dessert.

www.metropolitan.com/hemis/

For a memorable night, try "The Fifth" on Richmond or if you are ready to really splurge then try "Susur" on King St. W. (of course!). Also, on King W. at the corner of Bathurst is "Blowfish" and further west is "Crush". Geez, there's too many...But, if I had to choose one for value, ambience and taste I would go with "Crush".

I personally prefer little anthonys which is (if I recall correctly - been out of the country) on york at the richmond-adelaide complex. It has good atmosthpere, and the service is great. The waitors never interupt your conversation if they see that your taking )(to ask how you are doing, etc.), very nice.

Those are some great recommendations, guys. Thanks a lot.

This is going to be expensive, but I don't mind. I'd like to *ahem* impress her with a nice meal at a cozy restaurant, and such an experience is costly in Toronto.

I think that I might just take her to Elm Street, and let her pick, although I like the idea of Little Anthony's. We'll see, though.

If anyone has any other ideas, please don't hesitate to advance them. Thanks again.

Back