News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 306     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 854     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

not looking forward to the lane closures, but good to see it finally moving forward. In a way I wish the rehabilitation was just done as one large contract to get it done all at once.

Prepping for rehab work has started with the installation of wooden slats on the underside of carriage way in front of Exhibition GO

20240305_125936.jpg

Just a little reminder that this can be done. The Bonaventure Expressway in Montreal is getting the royal treatment. And this anachronism is surrounded by industrial land that bears a striking resemblance to our Portlands/Gardiner combination!

Just a little reminder that this can be done. The Bonaventure Expressway in Montreal is getting the royal treatment. And this anachronism is surrounded by industrial land that bears a striking resemblance to our Portlands/Gardiner combination!

The Bonaventure is more akin to the eastern Gardiner which was demolished 20 years ago.

Additional supports have been added from Exhibition GO heading westward. Looks like a 2nd support will be added to each section soon.

View attachment 559497

Every time I see these excellent updates I think about the unique couples that you must work with that want their wedding photos taken under the Gardiner!

April 25
Crews were waiting for the last load of concrete to be pour under Dufferin for the eastbound lane. The rest had been pour.
133A0612.JPG
133A0613.JPG

Are the concrete columns themselves being replaced?

Don't think so. According to this they're be rehabilitated.

Every time I see these excellent updates I think about the unique couples that you must work with that want their wedding photos taken under the Gardiner!

Hasn't happened yet but I've done wedding photos at Underpass Park because of the rain and also Graffiti Alley. One day!

April 25
Crews were waiting for the last load of concrete to be pour under Dufferin for the eastbound lane. The rest had been pour.

I'm surprised they are repaving before the girders below have been replaced for that section. I just assumed they could only be replaced when nothing is on top but I guess that is not the case.

Back