517     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 633     1 

Residences of College Park 2 Condos (Canderel Stoneridge) - Real Estate -

krispykream

Member Bio
Reaction score
hi everyone:
I am hoping to get some advice here.. I am about to purchase a condo unit at The Residences of College Park phase 2.. it will be on the 27th floor facing south east.. I wonder if I could get a view of the cn tower and lake? will my view be blocked by phase 3 in the future? I need to put an offer in within the next 2 days.. I would hate to miss this, but the unit is not ready for view, so I will have to rely on your expert opinion.. thanks in advance..

hi everyone:
I am hoping to get some advice here.. I am about to purchase a condo unit at The Residences of College Park phase 2.. it will be on the 27th floor facing south east.. I wonder if I could get a view of the cn tower and lake? will my view be blocked by phase 3 in the future? I need to put an offer in within the next 2 days.. I would hate to miss this, but the unit is not ready for view, so I will have to rely on your expert opinion.. thanks in advance..

It will not be blocked. Phase 1 & 2 are on Bay St. while Aura will be built on Yonge St. You will still have a view to the south, though you will be facing Aura on the east.

what about liberties, delta chelsea or other buildings along the yonge and bay corridor? will I get a good lake view?

I'm not trying to be harsh but my advice is that you shouldn't be purchasing any sort of a condo at College Street for its lake view. If you place importance on a lake view, try somewhere that is closer than 2.5km from the actual lake.

one more question.. i was told today that the builder of cp3 is going to put $2 million to "renovate" the park.. is this true?

I asked about this earlier. While I didn't get an exact figure ($2 Million sounds about right), it was confirmed that the park will be 'revamped.'

The Liberties, which flanks the South Side of CP2, has over 25 floors plus mechanical on top of that, so on the 27th floor you may not have much of a south view. CP is not really the right building to buy for views, the windows are a lot smaller in area than those in most new condos and there is such density in the area that your view will always be obstructed by something.

Its still a great location convenience wise and you can't beat that underground subway access!

I lived there for a while. Unless you are RIGHT next to the water, you don't have a lake view. Almost any south-facing condo above 20 floors or so will probably have a better lake view, as long as the building is within several km of the lake.

Bill

Okay so you WANT a lake view? Then why don't you rent an apt in my high park slab city nabe? I've got a stunning view of Lake Ontario (not today lol)==I can see Buffalo on clear days (a few towers), Niagara Falls (more towers--skyline tower clearly visible, mist of NF on crisp days), small towns dotting the coast towards Rochester. Yes a view of the freaking lake--it's a duck pond folks compared to the view i had of English Bay in Vancouver! The Lake is boring; the real action (and joy--the reason I love Toronto) is on the street, in the tree-lined Victorian nabes, the old retail strips, etc. The lake--i've had my view for 6 months now--is BORING!

one more question.. i was told today that the builder of cp3 is going to put $2 million to "renovate" the park.. is this true?

No you will not get a lake view.

I live in the Liberties and go on their roof often. Where you are you will be 7 floors above my highest vantage point. From there, I can view the Delta Chelsea, the parking lot beside it, the condos infront of that parking lot, Bay st (all the way down to other buildings in the core), the CN tower, LuCliffe Place, and the hospitals and then, moving east, more hospitals, queens park and then your tower.

The view is fine, actually it is a great urban view. However, it won't yield any lake. Although I've never put on stilts and tried to stand 7 floors above the roof, I'm certain that you won't get the lake and if you do, you'll get snippets of it. There is a small chance you'll see the lake beyond the Roof of the Detla Chelsea...

Hope that helps.

I used to have a south facing office on the 14th floor of 777 Bay (formerly the Hunter Mclean building). It had a lake view if you looked to the left. Directly in front was the Delta hotel, but there was still a lake view from floor 14.

Back