News   Jul 16, 2024
 314     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Real estate industry - how to survive?

Suzanne83618

Member Bio
Reaction score
How would you judge the profitability of real estate industry?

Is it time dependent, Tactical, or situational?

Time dependent as in - more time you've tied up money in real estate more profits you could gain. As real estate value appreciates day by day.

Tactical as in - Buying or selling the right property at the right time

Situational as in - not sticking to a preplan but being flexible enough to make real estate investment decisions as and when they are needed.

Is it maximizing sales or minimizing costs?

Maximizing sales as in - finding the best buyer, selling to the highest bidder.

Minimizing cost as in - using low cost alternatives for construction, low cost advertisement, save costs on legal matters.

Do all matter for survival or is it some matters a lot and some not much?

Get into the market NOW!

Making money in real estate is easy. Values always go up. Especially in Canada, regardless of what is happening anywhere else in the world.

It is always a good time to buy - especially condos!

Leverage yourself highly with a minimum downpayment - that way you can make more money!

Once your property value starts going up then you can start spending borrowed money (credit cards/furniture/etc) secure in the knowledge that you can convert your paper profits into cash whenever you choose!

Making money in real estate is easy. Values always go up. Especially in Canada, regardless of what is happening anywhere else in the world.

It is always a good time to buy - especially condos!

Leverage yourself highly with a minimum downpayment - that way you can make more money!

Once your property value starts going up then you can start spending borrowed money (credit cards/furniture/etc) secure in the knowledge that you can convert your paper profits into cash whenever you choose!

Oh man, I almost had a heart attack when I read your comments.
For those who didn't get it ..... there is HEAVY SARCISM with daveto's post.:p

[/sarcasm]

There are any number of people crying that the sky is falling. I have consistently disagreed. The market is softening (not quite the same thing).

"Buying or selling the right property at the right time." ... if you could do that consistently, you'd be rich. But who knows what the "right time" is? You won't know until later, if at all.

Trying to "time" purchases and sales is foolish. The best advice I could give would be to do your homework to determine that you are paying an amount that can be justified in relation to the market (probably based on other sales that have recently taken place). Put 25% down, leverage the rest. Take a long range view ... that's crucial. Ride out any ups and downs without panicking. In the longer run, real estate actually does go up, that has been consistent through our lifetimes. But in the shorter run, it's tempting but foolish to panic when a downturn hits.

How would you judge the profitability of real estate industry?

Is it time dependent, Tactical, or situational?

Time dependent as in - more time you've tied up money in real estate more profits you could gain. As real estate value appreciates day by day.

Tactical as in - Buying or selling the right property at the right time

Situational as in - not sticking to a preplan but being flexible enough to make real estate investment decisions as and when they are needed.

Is it maximizing sales or minimizing costs?

Maximizing sales as in - finding the best buyer, selling to the highest bidder.

Minimizing cost as in - using low cost alternatives for construction, low cost advertisement, save costs on legal matters.

Do all matter for survival or is it some matters a lot and some not much?

Actually, I have no clue what you are asking. Are you looking to getting into real estate market now to make profits in the short term (probably now not the best time) ??

If you're asking re. in general in all market conditions, I would have to say all matters and some will matter more in certain market conditions.

Back