1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 772     0 

Quick updates: Bloor, Yorkville, Bay, Dundas

• Thread starter Sir Novelty Fashion
  • Start date
S

Sir Novelty Fashion

The results of a few walking tours between Wednesday and Saturday. I wonder if someday photos like these will be of interest to the next generation of urbanites, or whether my putative children will one day discover a hard drive full of nondescript construction photos, and wonder what the hell was wrong with their father?

Probably both.

Murano: big giant hole
IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Tucked into a corner: where Lanterra signboards go to die:
IMG_0204.jpg

RoCP I:
IMG_0207.jpg

RoCP II:
IMG_0215.jpg

Temptation:
IMG_0216.jpg

This is about a month old, but I still love it (and it was kicking about the photobucket account)
IMG_0019.jpg

One City Hall, not looking any more finished:
IMG_0220.jpg

The building that you love to hate, and I love to love, looking markedly more finished:
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Awning going up along the Bay St. face:
IMG_0223.jpg

I didn't have the energy to nip over to Dundas Square. I looked down the road, and there appeared blue hoarding around a construction site. Anyone know anything?

At the Opera House, it was part 2 of the 434-part opening gala: better know an opera house. Signage up along the back:
IMG_0228.jpg

But still some missing details, like the billboards along the side:
IMG_0229.jpg

...and, uh, the fact that the front was all dug up:
IMG_0230.jpg

Still an improvement:
IMG_0409-1.jpg

Down by the CBC, a great big sign is up for the RBC tower. It's a very nice render, with the CBC building in it and the Intercontinental tucked behind and everything. But there seems to be something missing from the render's background... but I can't quite pin down what it might be.
IMG_0231.jpg

The next day, at the corner of Davenport and Yonge, we peer into the big giant pit of... what's it called again? Lotus? Locust? Locutus?
IMG_0235.jpg

The Regency:
IMG_0238.jpg

The Hazelton, looking like a large layer cake:
IMG_0240.jpg

Pile drivers on the site of this development down the road, promising an end to another parking lot:
IMG_0239.jpg

ROM:
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Couldn't get enough of the cranes:
4e04e99d.jpg

240bdca4.jpg

Today, view from behind:
4f45e663.jpg

One St. Thomas, as seen from back campus:
79d6fc4a.jpg

5f6178eb.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

That'll do for today.

Nice update. The white-black contrast on the Opera House when the blinds are down in the front looks great.

Thanks for the update SNF!

The sub-cladding for the ROM seems to be zipping along - the real thing can't be far behind.

AoD

Hmmmmm.

What is the deal with the standstill progress on One City Hall anyway? Nothing is happening.

Anyone know how many levels of underground parking Lotus is supposed to get? That's a mighty deep hole!

Nice shots. Gotta love the build rage!

I think I have asked before with no luck but what is going to happen to the old Four Seasons after the new one is completed?

It will still be a Four Seasons, but with discounted rates.

Nice update. The white-black contrast on the Opera House when the blinds are down in the front looks great.

looks nice, kind of looks like a huge blank paint canvas.

I think it would be kind of neat to put tasteful artwork imposed on it. Perhaps change it every so often, like the sculpture garden.

Not entirely sure of the selection process of the sculpture garden, but it would be something like that.

Thanks for the update. Great pics!

I don't think they will discount the rooms at the old Four Seasons. It's not the market they are trying to cater to. Just a feeling but my guess is that they will rebrand as long term residences or condos.

BTW - did anybody notice that they closed the Premier Fitness at the corner of Davenport & Bay? That site has been part of a development application for a long time. I wonder if something is up.

JG

^Yes, I did notice it closed down a couple of weeks ago. My guess is Diamante will finally launch the condo they've been trying to get approved for years now.

Awesome photo update. Love photo updates.

Those Yorkville townhomes START at 2.8 million. That's nuts. I was in Yorkville last week and it's amazing how that neighbourhood is changing. I kept my eye out for movie stars but all I saw was a strange middle-aged man in a spa robe with foil in his hair wandering around the courtyard of 18 Yorkville reading the newspaper with two gay hairdressers in tow. Ah, the rich. So very entertaining.

Back