News   Mar 28, 2024
 916     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 528     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Electrification is mainly for those with campers/RVs no?

In the past, yes; but given a future w/electric cars that will need somewhere to charge while you're camping, I expect it will be much more common with a much more universal usage.

Ford gov't has decided how to allocate international student permits.

Private career colleges have just died. They are getting zero permits.

From the above:

1711569285946.png

* Pause * - we're going to limit, on a go forward basis, international permits to 55% of enrollment .....excluding high-demand areas? What was it before?

Moving along:

1711569423430.png

How are they going to guarantee housing? There's nowhere near enough on-campus housing to meet incoming demand, even domestically.

There's a loophole there somewhere.

In the past, yes; but given a future w/electric cars that will need somewhere to charge while you're camping, I expect it will be much more common with a much more universal usage.
In addition to increased availability, I would guess part of the initiative would be to increase capacity. Higher voltage/amperage power is typically only available at pull-though sites for RVs or large 5th wheel trailers. Electricity at other sites for smaller vehicles is often only 15/20a 120v.

How are they going to guarantee housing? There's nowhere near enough on-campus housing to meet incoming demand, even domestically.
By offering it, and making it very expensive?

My university experience was that on-campus housing was very expensive compared to off-campus housing, and it also was not eligible for tax credits at the time, due to its nature as 'subsidized housing'.

From what I recall, I was paying the equivalent of 3x the market rate for my half of a shared bedroom.

By offering it, and making it very expensive?

My university experience was that on-campus housing was very expensive compared to off-campus housing, and it also was not eligible for tax credits at the time, due to its nature as 'subsidized housing'.

From what I recall, I was paying the equivalent of 3x the market rate for my half of a shared bedroom.

Hmm, just doing a very cursory scan of U of T; excluding meal plan (which is mandatory) Burwash Hall at Vic, single room - from $11,512 (Sept - April); which works out to $1,439 per month

Meal plans are no bargain; (Vic) $6,380 for 346 meals is $18 a pop and change.

The sunshine list is out.

Interesting that both the OPG CEO and CS(strategy)O salary were over the cap of $1.5 million imposed on Hydro one by the Ford government.

Top 5:
View attachment 551724

From here.
And they get paid that much to sit infront of an oak desk? wow they must work very hard to earn that money.

Very late on a Thursday, before a holiday weekend, a press release goes out w/no political speakers.........could it be that the Ford gov't knew people would be underwhelmed?

The minimum wage in Ontario will rise by 3.9% come October 1st...........2024 to a whopping $17.20 per hour CAD.

The gov't trumpets this as the 2nd highest provincial minimum wage in Canada; technically true, if you ignore purchasing power parity (PPP) or the 'cost of living'.........

Though notably omits that that Nunavet's minimum wage is $19 per hour; and that Seattle, Wa's minimum wage is $19.97USD per hour or $27.05CAD

Back