News   Jul 23, 2024
 528     2 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 443     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 477     0 

posts are disappearing

it's happening in alot of the threads.

can't they stop it? how is it getting worse?

It's kinda like the nothing from "the never ending story"

wow this place is getting absolutely raped..so much interesting and helpful information gone..............

Check out the Politics section... the entire section has almost been completely wiped clean. Did the ezboard I.T. guys get their degree out of a Cracker Jack box? I find it even stranger that when they first started restoring files we had a lot more than we do now... and now the notice of ongoing maintenance is not showing... as if they are now done the restore??? How can you start a restore with more data than you end up with and at the end of the process think your work is done? Where are the backups?

From the help forum at EZBoard

If your board is currently experiencing thread losses and you have already contacted CS – do not re-submit your information - the information you provided has been given to the tech team. As we stated yesterday, if a thread was not replied to in the time between the attack and when the server your board is on was rebooted, then the information in that thread is most likely permanently lost. We have discovered that unless a new topic is replied to the data will be lost.

So it appears that all those missing threads really are, gone. That hurts. That was a lot of information.

Well, considering we don't archive our threads, they'd be lost eventually anyways.

I wonder how many of us here from the day one remember the heady times (not that it isn't heady now) when the ROM redesign was still in competition, etc.

GB

Somehow, the succession model of ecology (eg. forest fire) comes into mind...

GB

I dont think most people are too upset over this. The forum is likely to fill up again in a few months. Does make me glad I went through posts about a month ago and grabbed any articles and links I wanted and put them straight on my hard drive.

We need to ...

Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch. Switch.

I will make an announcement in a few weeks regarding UT’s future.

Back