Getting ready for take-off
DSC05021.jpg

Bye bye TO
DSC05024.jpg

DSC05025.jpg

DSC05030.jpg

The endless sprawl beyond Toronto's borders
DSC05035.jpg

Mmmm, a complimentary meal and beer in a glass.
DSC05036.jpg

The sun sets as we approach Montreal
DSC05043.jpg

Trudeau Airport
DSC05050.jpg

Downtown Montreal
DSC05058.jpg

The sun sets
DSC05065.jpg

Videos:

TO skyline from the plane

Flying over the suburbs of Montreal

Landing at Trudeau

nice pics! I love aerial views. Remarkable though, that MTL still has snow while Toronto has not.
The airport near the city seems like an ideal location for frequent flights to MTL and, say, NY.

PS, I see you're drinking some good Stella Artois too! I will soon be enjoying it, in Belgium where it came from :)

Was your flight very busy? I have flown Porter a couple of times to MTL and there are very few people on the flight, less than 20. I don't see how they can survive with these low load factors.

great pics

interesting that Stella in Canada is marketed as a premium beer, but in England is thought of as a cheap lager associated with soccer hooligans

Was your flight very busy?

No, much less than half full... very worrisome. On the other hand, according to a Porter employee I was speaking with, sales have slowly been creeping up in the last weeks and the plane arriving from Montreal that day was full. Incidentally, Porter is having a promotion: $59 flights all summer if you book by March 25. I can email the promotion code to anyone who's interested.

So what was in that lunch box?

A tasty wrap and a chocolate cookie. Certainly better than a little bag of peanuts.

I'm heading to Montreal in April for a couple of days. I normally travel VIA to Montreal. $250 taxes included bought return tickets for my wife and I. Porter was $600 ($89 one way...taxes and fees add up fast).

While I might save an hour or two by flying, arrival in Montreal is at Dorval, and I'd need to either take STC or a shuttle to get downtown. VIA leaves from Union Station, arrives right downtown in Montreal so I can walk to the hotel.

Other than maybe a couple of hours of time, I don't see the attraction for anyone but the business traveller with a big expense account.

Back