News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 544     0 

Photos of Toronto during the AIDS Conference?

F

FutureMayor

Does anybody have photos of how the city looked like during the AIDS Conference? I'm curious as how the city looked like during the conference.

Specfically pictures of the 50 large red ribbons tied
to trees lining University Ave., banners that could be seen from the DVP and the Gardiner Expressway, City Hall illuminated in red and a flower carpet that was installed at College Street and University Avenue.

I was away in England during the time. BTW, Toronto got excellent media coverage in the London newspapers when hosting the conference.

Many thanks,

Louroz

FM:

I have a few from inside the conference - I was way too busy to do much more than that. I could post those if you want.

AoD

Alvin, that would be great if you could post those.

Many thanks,

Louroz

FM:

Here they are - the quality is variable since I was more or less just grabbing shots on my way elsewhere in the venue.

AIDS001.jpg

The publically accessible Global Village area of NGOs, towards the registration booths.

AIDS002.jpg

Just past the gates, behind the delegates only area at MTCC north. That's also where a lot of the news reports uses as the background.

AIDS005.jpg

Mexican condom - mascot of AIDS2008, at Mexico City.

AIDS006.jpg

Condom dress.

AIDS007.jpg

Press area.

AIDS008.jpg

MTCC south entrance, coming down from the bridge.

AIDS009.jpg

Level 600 of MTCC south.

AIDS010.jpg

Level 800 - where the plenary hall is.

One regret - I wasn't able to take a pic of a delegate I kept bumping into, which is IMHO one of the hottest guy, ever.

Now should I post pics from last week's fetish fair? :p

AoD

Back