News   Jul 12, 2024
 916     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Pet Food Shops in Downtown Toronto?

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
Alright, I'm in the harbourfront, my cat is on a specific brand of food that you cant buy in grocery stores, but ever Pet Store carries it. The only two places I know of is Parliament/Carlton and Spadina/Dundas, and considering I'm carless and in the Harbourfront area, is there anything closer??? Thanks.

I fed my cat and dog TLC Pet Food www.tlcpetfood.com from New Hamburg, Ontario. It is home delivered all over North America, right to your doorstep. Quite a few of my neighbours feed it now.

When I placed my first order, I entered promotional code 18660-1025 and received $5 off of my first order. Best of all, delivery to your home is free.

Pet Value at College & Augusta, and there is a small parking lot there

while I doubt it's the same for cats and dogs, my girlfriend and I have noticed that many of the downtown pet stores don't offer healthy food for our two guinea pigs. We have to go to Yonge and Eglinton from the harbourfront once a month and stock up on the proper pellets and hay. We've asked other pet stores if they would be willing to put the brands we need in their stores (essentially, trying to educate them on the proper food for small pets) and all of them either said no or that they already had enough of a supply (even if its junk).

To us, it's one of two things: they don't feel that small animals need to be fed a proper diet because they're so easily replaceable, or they just aren't educated on what animals really should be eating. If either one applies, I don't see how someone could operate a pet store. I could understand if they offered both healthy and unhealthy options (since our very own grocery stores do so), but to completely ignore the healthy ones disturbs us quite a bit.

Mind you, cats and dogs are far more popular, so odds are most stores will stock a good variety.

The Global Pet Foods in Liberty Village carries Oxbow for small animals which is fairly high end food for little critters. I know they do special orders as well so just ask if you don't see what you want.

"Feed Me More" pet food & supplies moved about six months ago back to Church Street just north of Alexander on the east side. Watch for their sign, you could pass it. You have to walk down about 8 steps to get into the store.

I try to avoid Feed Me More. At their old location I really didn't like the conditions they kept the animals in (every time I went in there I saw uncleaned cages and really, really sad looking animals). They've improved, but I still have that negative association with them.

In the village I've always preferred the Dog House (now on Carlton, just east of Jarvis). They only stock high-grade foods (including a huge selection of raw food diets), but it is a smaller store so there isn't as much selection overall

Back