1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 560     0 

Parking -BlueJays

H

hamilton905

Today I was given 2 tickets to attend tomorrow's matchup between the Jays and Indians at the Rogers Centre.
The seats are right behind home plate :d
MY partner and I will drive down from Hamilton and we have concerns about parking. Topping the list is congestion once the game ends. We're worried we may have a long drive back on the Gardiner.
Neither of us have taken the GO, should we take the train down to Union and walk it from there?
If we were to drive it, where is a good place to park?

Try either the Convention Centre or there's this White office tower on Blue Jays Way just north of Wellington that usually has good rates and is easy to get out of.

re: white office tower

You're the third person to mention this location. I think we'll have to stick with driving for now.
I checked the travel times for GO transit and it takes much more longer then I had anticipated. An hour and a half one way. On a good driving day, we usually make the commute in 45 minutes.
I ask the questions, because we drove through some horrid traffic while visiting the EX today.

It can be a bit slow getting out of parking lots and then to the Gardiner after Jays games, but if there's not much else going on that night (nothing at the ACC or CNE for example) then once you're on, it should move pretty well.

You may want to get a coffee or beer after the game while the traffic lets out. Up to you. I see people freaking out sitting in traffic, honking horns in frustration... avoid all that by going to a pub and relaxing :)

Back