270     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 547     0 

Open Doors is only post-1945?

A

Admiral Beez

Just read that Open Doors Toronto is only going to showcase post-war buildings. IMO, this is a bad idea, as I think it's historic Toronto that everyone wants to see.

I bet the oldest buildings on the last tours had the most visitors. Which you you rather visit...Compare the pre-war Don Jail tour vs. any misc. concrete slab from the 1950s and 1960s.

I'm just annoyed I suppose that my church, St. Peters on Carlton has been taken off the tour because it's too old. SInce it's from the late 1840s, I guess no one is interested.

-BMW Toronto is in! :cheers: I wanna get a tour of the inside of that place. The car elevators must be impressive.

-The Gladstone Hotel - Did they finish their much publicized renovations?? I mean, all I heard is that they did some new bathrooms and the only visible change outside is a sloppy coat of paint and the removal of the lettering "The Gladstone Hotel" since they will be known as The Gladstone House instead.

-Old City Hall - Was old city hall open last year? I don't remember. I know I would have wanted to see it.

-New City Hall - Hopefully we will find an OPEN Mayors office as opposed to last year where people had their noses pressed against the closed glass door.

What's missing in Doors Open Toronto:

> CN Tower!!! This is toronto people!! We gotta be able to peer into the innards of our city symbol. The basement in that place is fantastic! I guess they're not opening it for security reasons.

> More days!! One is NOT enough! Make it "Doors open Weekend"

Am I missing something? I can only see the building list for last year?

Apparently the view from the top floor of the BMW building is amazing. That's where they present you with your new car, so you can see it with the city view behind. Then they take it down and outside for you.

Back