News   May 06, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 691     1 

One Avondale Lofts Condos (Shane Baghai) - Real Estate -

cityconnection

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am currently living uptown in a condo. I was at a loft over the weekend and really enjoyed the high ceilings and the view. I saw that there are the lofts at 1 Avondale at yonge and 401. Has anyone seen these Shane Baghai lofts? I know they are not hard lofts but from the pictures they look like they have high ceilings. Does anyone know anything about these "lofts"?

They are small, all of them. Basically built as rentals, bachelor units for investors to buy and lease out. Not something I would recommend.

Thank you for the heads up. I liked the layout (so I thought) but didnt know that it was small and investor minded....

Are there any other "lofts" uptown north of the 401?

They are small, all of them. Basically built as rentals, bachelor units for investors to buy and lease out. Not something I would recommend.

I think your talking to the low building next to the lofts they are all studio units.

The loft building is the tall building on the cornor with the Starbucks. All the units are two floors with atleast two bedrooms. All of the second floors are open to the first.

I think your talking to the low building next to the lofts they are all studio units.

The loft building is the tall building on the cornor with the Starbucks. All the units are two floors with atleast two bedrooms. All of the second floors are open to the first.

I think they are all 1 bedrooms, upstairs. I could be wrong...

That building was built over a funeral home. So I hope you're not superstitious!

You should be familiar with the difficult traffic patterns associated with that development. It can be extremely challenging to enter and exit that area during normal commuting hours.

Well, I will be taking the TTC to work and my wife leaves at 6am so its not a big issue. But definitely a consideration when re-selling.

That building was built over a funeral home. So I hope you're not superstitious!

you mean the site of One Avondale used to be a funeral home?? I'm sure there's no funeral home there now ~

the builder Shane Baghai is known to build quality buildings, I was quite impressed by what I saw when visiting a friend in that building ... I think the corner units are all 2 bedroom lofts, whereas the interior units are 1 bedroom lofts (2 suites of 1-bedroom per exposure) ... thus total 12 units per floor

you mean the site of One Avondale used to be a funeral home?? I'm sure there's no funeral home there now ~

the builder Shane Baghai is known to build quality buildings, I was quite impressed by what I saw when visiting a friend in that building ... I think the corner units are all 2 bedroom lofts, whereas the interior units are 1 bedroom lofts (2 suites of 1-bedroom per exposure) ... thus total 12 units per floor

The only reason I looked into it was because it was built by Baghai. My parents live in a house that was built by him and the materials are impeccable. Very well built, IMO.

Back