Niagara Falls Travelodge Redevelopment | ?m | 61s | Milborne Group | B+H

rbt

Member Bio
Reaction score
Old article for a potential redevelopment the Travelodge on River Road with some impact to Bird Kingdom. I didn't see it in the database.

Partners Hunter Milborne, Andrzej Kepinski, Ralph Terrio and Dan Raseta, working together as Niagara Global Development Limited, have collaborated with consultants B + H Architects, PCL and MMM Group for the Niagara Falls hotel project with the working name River Road Niagara Falls Luxury Resort.
The project will see a pair of luxury highrise hotels, 61 and 60 storeys tall, along with such other amenities as high-end retail and restaurants, a 25,000-square-foot spa, conference support facilities, entertainment, observation decks and even a chapel, built near downtown in the River Road, Hiram Street and Blondin Avenue district.
Currently on the site, owned by the developers, is a Travelodge hotel — formerly the Michael’s Inn — and a thriving attraction, Bird Kingdom, which is said to be the world’s largest free-flying aviary. Bird Kingdom will be incorporated into the new project, Terrio said.

Project round-up from yesterday giving it a construction price tag of $700M.

This project is deader than a doornail from my understanding.

It has as much chance of being built as any other 50 floor residential project in Niagara Falls: note this is not a positive statement.

I mostly found the cost-estimate interesting as it's equal to what you mind find in Toronto for a similarly sized project.

Back