News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.7K     3 

New Global Air Photos

C

canarob

toh2006_204.jpg

Enjoy: www.globalairphotos.com/gallery/ON/Toronto/Downtown

Nice. Thanks.

Interesting to note how out of date this image will be in less than two years.

Is it just me, or is the downtown running out of room for new office towers - ie, after this round of building, it's surrounded by some pretty established low- to mid-rise neighbourhoods?

I still see many lots west of University that are available. RBC may be the "pioneering" office tower that could lead to others in its wake. I have long believed that what we know as the "club" district will disappear within a decade. The land those clubs sit on is just too valuable, both for office and residential development. And who knows? With the portlands and East Bayfront developments, we may some day have our own Canary Wharf.

You can see some of the Chinese lanterns at Ontario Place.

There's plenty of space for more office towers- they'll have to move outside the MINT however.

They'll just have to tear some older buildings down. FCP replaced the old Toronto Star building afterall. There's a bunch of buildings along University north of Wellington, for example, that I think could be easily replaced with something bigger. We've got a long way to go before we run out of space.

They do not seem to have as many angles of downtown as in years past.

Also, looking at Ontario Place, it would be great to have a new pavillion commissioned to add to what is a very unique complex.

New Downtown Aerials

^These aerials are from a different perspective (north and west) and were posted a few days ago. 14-11-2006.

Back