9     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 247     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     1 

My Vote for Pic of the Year

Y

yyzer

Just posted this on another thread, but I think this pic by Skybean over at SSC deserves its own thread....been photoshopped a bit, but still, imho, the most amazing photo I have seen in a long time.....:smokin

149376300_b9993d3707_b.jpg

Impressive. There is something very cinematic about the colours as well.

AoD

Wow, it took me a while to figure out that was Toronto. Amazing.

Looks rather smoggy... and apocalyptic too. It's a great photo but I don't really want to live in a city like that!

Looks rather smoggy... and apocalyptic too. It's a great photo but I don't really want to live in a city like that!

You do live in a city like that. In fact, you live in that city.

Great picture. I'd love it in a larger resolution so I can print it and put it on my wall.

WOW!

What building is that on the front left? (With carvings and archways)

Just an amazing picture! My compliments to whoever took this.

Wow, you can actually see Mississauga City Centre rising to the west.

Louroz

I'm pretty sure the technique used to get the surreal colours is called HDR (high-dynamic range) photography, It used to be a very tedious technique but now photoshop has a plug-in that makes the process easier, look it up, there are some real cool images out there.

^ you beat me to it. It's definitely HDR.

What happens is that when you take a photo, you can either get the highlights well represented and sacrifice the lowlights (which become black) or vice versa.

With HDR, you take 3 photos in an identical position. 1 best represents the highlights, another one the mid tones and yet another one the shadows (low lights). You then merge them all together and get a perfect picture representing an image as your eye would see it.

Go to Flickr and search the HDR tag. There are some impressive shots there using this technology.

Notice how First Canadian Place's dirty white tiles are rendered as an off black.

Back