News   May 16, 2024
 427     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 683     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.7K     0 

My Precepio is up. Put the finishing touches up.Some pics.

M

miketoronto

Today I put the finishing touches on my Precepio, after having it up for a week already.

Anyway here are some pics of it.

The Precepio is a big tradition in my family. Each year my grandfather use to put it up in his house, and I would help him. On Christmas Eve the whole family would go to my grandparents house, and on the stroke up midnight we would parade the baby Jesus through the house holding candles, and then put it in the Precepio.

Precepio is Italian for Nativity. In Italy many Southern Italian families put up large Precepio's in their homes. The Churches have the largest ones though.

When my grandparents immigrated to Canada, my grandfather had this Precepio custom made for him along with the painting.

Since I always helped my grandfather put up the Precepio, it was given to me after my grandparents died.

I continue to put it up in my house now. It is my favourite part of Christmas.

Enjoy the pics.

The whole Precepio in my dining room.
precc1.jpg

One of the Christmas Trees. Most of the decorations are ones my grandfather had. I have added some new ones.
precc3.jpg

The Christmas Tree on the other side. If I flip a switch the trees start to have bird sounds coming out of them :) They are special decorations that emit bird sounds. My grandfather loved them, so I always put them up.
precc4.jpg

Close up of Jesus.
precc5.jpg

The town with the painting of the three wise men on their way to see Jesus.
precc2.jpg

Close up of part of the painting and town.
precc6.jpg

Re: My Precepio is up. Put the finishing touches up.Some pic

Quite timely, too, as it is snowing outside as if it were already Christmas.

Looks great Mike!

More posts like this Mike, and less of your transit ideas. I enjoyed this post alot. You did a great job.

You're not supposed to put the baby Jesus in till Christmas! Does your Jesus detach from the manger?

In Malta last week there were signs in many of the towns pointing people to where the "Cribs" were being displayed. I think they have competitions. I had what i think is southern european cholera last week, so i didn't get to see any of them.

I found this page linked below that has some pictures of Maltese cribs, or "presepju". I do regret not going to see some of the displays -- they're very elablorate, and seem like those little scenes model train people set up, which i've always thought were neat. But i had some exotic european strain of cholera the last week in Malta, so i couldn't go.

www.maltamedia.com/featur...ian1.shtml

Back