453     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 415     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 902     3 

MT Service Changes Marc 27

D

drum118

I had a great laugh when I went to the customer service desk at Sq One Terminal on Saturday in regard to service changes schedule March 27 and was told that they had no information’s on these changes. They would find out about the changes on Wednesday when they have their service meeting. This backs up what I was told on the phone.

You would think MT would tell their service representatives about the changes before release the notice about them in the first place. Both the posters and pamphlets are on the buses and pamphlets are at Sq One also.

Route 202:
Queensway stop is being reinstated and only got to shake my head.

I am still waiting for a stop to be put in place at Bristol and Cooksville GO station stop at John St since both stops have high ridership in the first place and the riders want to bypass Sq One in the first place to save time.

Route 3:
This route is getting a total make over for 7 days of service.

If MT use my recommendations given to them last year, off peak headway can be reduce from 20 minutes service to 15 minutes by eliminating the 5 minutes layover at Dixie Rd as well the excess time along the whole route for weekday service and still have the same number of buses on the route.

Saturday headway of 18 minutes can be reduces to every 15 minutes.

Sunday service of 23 minutes can be reduce to every 18 minutes, but I believe in equal dividing time, so riders know what time on the hour a bus will be at their stop without going to the website or calling the stop number like they do or go out and stand there up to 20 minutes for a bus.

Routes 8,13,19,22,24,37,51,53,61 will see either a new bus added to a route or a time adjustment for one trip which is standard changes to show they are doing something.

Route 5 and 3 will see weekend changes service right across the board and again they should see reduce headway.

Dave

Back