News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Monarch Nautilus (1 bedroom) @ Humber Bay Shores

gis_guy

Member Bio
Reaction score
1 bedroom, 582 sq ft w/ a 300 sq ft balcony on the 8th floor . . . . . faces NE

What are your thoughts?

I like it a lot. There's no wasted space.

Nice little foyer as you walk in. You can have a little table in that little corner to drop off your keys, etc. and just create a welcoming entrance.

I think it's great that the W/D doubles as a storage room that is "hidden" in the washroom.

Some people don't like linear kitchens. I happen to like them in small spaces and would prefer allocating most of the space towards the living room. But you could install and island if you wanted to.

Bedroom is a good size with natural light to the north and the east to wake up to.

Rockin' balcony.

Looks like a great floor plan to me!

I like this wide layout with lots of windows. Great balcony.
One thing I would change is to swap the door and closet of the bedroom. The most logical place to put the bed is against that solid wall of the bedroom -- moving the door to the other corner will mean the door no longer opens into the side of the bed and night stand.

this lay out is awesome !!! , i would love a place like this , but only if it allowed me to install a hot tub on the balcony , 300 sq ft balcony !!! : )

Thanks for the responses guys - very much appreciated . . . .. all excellent insight; most of which I wouldn't have thought of on my own

Price is 250k

It's common that people prefer washrooms closer to the bedroom, so please don't take this the wrong way, ponyboy... I've never quite understood this. OK, I do understand that at night it's nicer to just roll out of bed and into the loo. For that purpose, ensuite washrooms are excellent (also excellent when there is a second washroom or powder room always kept clean for guests). But in the case when there is only one washroom in the unit, I prefer it to be out of the way of the living and dining room... one must prefer personal business to be dealt well out of the way of guests during dinner... or anytime. Also condos are small living spaces so the distance between bedroom and washroom isn't that much different than that of many houses.

Back