News   May 13, 2024
 779     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 754     0 

Mississauga City Centre photos and videos

The plan is ambitious and interesting, reminds me of modern Chinese utopian planning. What is that property with the four identical office towers set at 45 degree angles to the street grid? In terms of efficent land use that thing is a disaster. The model at Toronto city hall, I'm sure there are enough model geeks out their who would sneek in and re-do it for free if they just left the door slightly ajar.

I am not why people suggest knocking down the mall when it is what is attracting all this development in first place. Tear down the mall and then you will see development in the area stagnate like in Cooksville. Parking lots can be redeveloped here just like anywhere else so I don't think the mall is a problem. Square One is not a vertical mall but it is certainly not as spread out as other malls since it is two stories tall.

Doady, I am not a fan or "knocking down the mall" either (assuming people mean a one shot knock). I would like to see the mall slowly dimantled from a single mall, and reincarnated in portions, were mixed use towers or stand alone centers could replace them, with retail at the lower sections. All done in progressions. I think this will be the most viable option.

I couldnt help but wonder how much money the mall owners would be making if they took this route, once availble land begins to dwindle.

^ I believe that something like this will happen over time. The mall sits on very valuable land and in fact already has been through some redevelopment over the years, although it is still undoubtedly a mall. The first changes will come to the parking lots (already have in fact). Some walls in the mall itself will be knocked down sooner or later (proably sooner), and the structure will undergo some organic change. Don't know exactly how this will happen, but it should be interesting!

Back