News   May 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 570     0 

Mies Reflects

But it is lovely to walk through the canyons of commerce after hours or on a weekend! You have this wonderful space all to yourself. Emotionally, it feels different, even though physically the structures are the same. To appreciate light you need darkness to contrast it with. It is a given that when buildings aren't full they're empty, and the stark contrast between the two states is part of the depth of experience of sites such as the TD.

The whole city is bleak in the winter. You want bleak? Come and shovel the snow on my street in January.

babel:

Oh no doubt it's quite an experience - but it's essentially taken from the perspective of city building by "objects", which doesn't work particularly well when used en masse.

Code:
 The whole city is bleak in the winter. You want bleak? Come and shovel the snow on my street in January.

LOL, I have my share of that during the bleak winter in the bleak burbs.

GB

GeekY; Well buildings are objects: Mondays to Fridays my little residential street can be TD Centre-quiet too. The era of stay at home Moms has long since passed, the kids are all at school, and Daddy's also at work somewhere. Unless someone has to stay home to let in a renovator the street empties from 9 to 5.

Back