1.1K     3 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 535     0 

Looking for a place in T.O.

DnO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have decided to buy a house in Toronto and would like some suggestions as to areas you guys would reccomend to look - my budget is around $350,000. If money wasn't an object my ideal area would be between dundas and college st around grace/beatrice/crawford.. just to give an idea of the type of area I prefer.

Since that is obviously out of my price range, I was wondering what some of you thought would be a good alternative - so far I am thinking around corso italia at st. clair, same vibe with shops and all but within my budget.

I am open to all suggestions/opinions so please let me know!

Thanks!

Maybe something in the Junction Triangle or Wallace-Emerson / Bloordale area? Basically west of Dufferin to Dundas West, north of Bloor.

I've been in the Junction Triangle for a few years and it has been great so far. Homes are still more affordable than other parts of the city, even nearby. Close to subway and many other amenities. The area is really picking up too.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Yea that is pretty much more or less the area I am looking at right now.. corso italia (i guess it used to be called earlscourt)

I have looked at some places in the Junction as well.. I dont want to go west of old weston / dundas or east of bathurst and would like to stay south of eglinton and north of queen.. but due to my budget the only thing I can get south of bloor for that price needs a lot of work.. but maybe i will be able to find a reasonably priced fixer upper..

Anyways thanks guys, I feel more confident now with me leaning towards corso italia area..

Does anyone else live nearyby the aforementioned areas that can speak of experience/ give some advice?

Thanks again

Try Maria St/Vine area near the tracks. A friend of mine picked up a house in that area for $370k a few months ago; now, renovated, it's worth a minimum of $470k.:D

North of the tracks, around Miller Street some good deals can be had--imho, that area blows up big time in the next decade.

ps, if you need a cheap but high quality renovation, I can help!

Thanks for the advice urbandreamer and I will most likely be doing renos on the house I buy. Do you do the work yourself or do you know contractors? I have a few contacts but I am always open to other possibilities. We will def. keep in touch.

Thanks for the advice urbandreamer and I will most likely be doing renos on the house I buy. Do you do the work yourself or do you know contractors? I have a few contacts but I am always open to other possibilities. We will def. keep in touch.

Looking for referrals, this is a great site that I found about a year ago: http://www.gigpark.com/

Great for referrals, especially has a lot of real estate and contracting referrals.

R.

M.

Back