News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 569     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Loft - Layout opinion

I like it. I don't like what the door opens onto..which is the bedroom. I also don't know if I like my bedroom being on display for the whole world to see. Besides that the unit's got a nice flow. I'd prefer a balcony but that's just a personal thing. That little area in the kitchen, can you actually fit a table and 2 chairs in there? Something tells me this will be an awkward space. I guess worst comes to worst you can add more storage in that area. nice big bathroom and a decent size living/dining room. All in all, I like it.

11' ceilings are definitely a very nice feature.
However, I am not crazy about this plan.

There are two other unit entry doors directly next to and across from you, which would make it more noisy.
The entrance should be moved next to the laundry closet, and those storage cabinets in the hallway could moved over and be aligned with the bedroom opening.
The bedroom could use some sliding doors when you have company.
I am curious about that odd space in the corner of the kitchen where there is no cabinet -- that would make for a good pace for a pantry cabinet.
Looks like there is enough counter space for two sinks in the bathroom, which is a great feature for couples.

What does this place have against walling in bedrooms?

maybe it's something to do with the Quebec Building Code, or the "loft" marketing.

i noticed that plan Loft J calls the sleeping area a 'den/office'; while plan Loft H actually labels it a bedroom.

maybe it's something to do with the Quebec Building Code, or the "loft" marketing.

i noticed that plan Loft J calls the sleeping area a 'den/office'; while plan Loft H actually labels it a bedroom.

I suspect they can't call what you think is the bedroom a bedroom because there is no window to allow escape during a fire. Don't like this plan too much for this reason mainly.

Back