News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 598     0 

Let's Save Canada - Stop the North American Union

Drocker

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is an ongoing semi-secret plan to merge Canada with the U.S. and Mexico. A group of media, government and corporate elites from all three countries, with the cooperation of Stephen Harper, is slowly "harmonizing" Canadian laws and regulations with Mexico and Canada. This new "harmonized" entity will be known as the SPP or, more popularly, the North American Union. Only Lou Dobbs (CNN) has really covered it in the mainstream media.

It's already being implemented.

In case you missed it, the Canadian government just imposed the (Orwellian) U.S. no-fly list on Canadian flyers. Now all people, including their children boarding flights in Canadian airports, must show ID which will be matched against the U.S. no-fly list. If you're on it, you don't fly. There is almost no way to get off this no-fly list.

We have also just weakened our laws protecting consumers against pesticides in order to "harmonize" withe the U.S. and Mexico. In 40 per cent of the cases, the U.S. allows for higher levels of pesticides.

Please read this article:
http://thetyee.ca/Views/2007/06/08/DeepIntegrate/

and tell every Canadian you know. Ask the mainstream media why they're not covering it.

Contact your MLA and ask them what they are doing to stop the creation of the North American Union.

For more information see this well researched website:

http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/

The prospect of merging Canada with Mexico, a narco/fascist state and the U.S., a fascist/plutocratic state is unsettling to say the least.

I hope you agree with me that we must keep Canada "Glorious and Free"

is this north america's response to the european union?

i'm wary of these agreements. we always end up losing and end up on the submissive end of the big shaft.

What the hell is a semi-secret? It's either secret or it isn't.

lol. reminds me of....

elaine: you can have some grace..

lady: either you have grace or you don't...

elaine: there are degrees of grace...

...Only Lou Dobbs (CNN) has really covered it in the mainstream media. ...

Does Dobbs' nightly auto-da-fe of racism and isolationism count as mainstream media any more? I thought all that ranting and raving was just an attempt to pull view numbers away from Fox.

Hmmm, conspiracy theories.

I would have no problem with a North American Common Market (or even a political union -- if the conditions were right) BUT it is not in the cards now -- or in the near future.

The SSP which is the basis of these conspiracy theories (which started under the Liberals) -- is absolutely nothing to do with a merger of countries (although Lou Dobbs in the US would like you to think so). It is about reducing the cost of doing business in North America (short of a Common Market). There is no real talk of Labour mobility, no removal of border checks, nothing like that.

It does work on some harmonization of standards, so that they cannot be used as a non-tariff barrier, but most of it is about security the border -- while allowing trade to continue (securing the border does not sound like a merger does it :eek: )

Any movement to a full North American Common Market (which includes Mexico) would require sizable development projects (including things like extending infrastructure down into the poorer south of Mexico, Educational development, etc.) -- as well as for the government of Mexico to reduce corruption.

Anyone who reads the history of Canada will understand that chances of a political union are nil. Canadians wouldn't stand for it.

A political union has never been likely, but if anything is even less likely now, with divergences in foreign policy and the increasing bunker mentality in the U.S. since 9/11 -- I'm not saying their attitudes are justified, or not, but clearly most Americans are in a mood to strengthen, not weaken, their borders.

Economic harmonization is a whole different matter, and usually beneficial. We have moved in that direction since the 1980s, and probably will continue to do so.

I think we need some more interprovincial economic harmonization. It's a bit crazy the degree to which there are non-tariff trade barriers between provinces. And a securities regulator for every province and territory is also unacceptable.

Anyone who reads the history of Canada will understand that chances of a political union are nil. Canadians wouldn't stand for it.

Of course it's not nil...it just might be nil within our lifetime. "Canadians" will become a very fluid and contentious term if the country breaks up.

The chances of us voting yes in a referendum tomorrow on becoming the 51st through 61st states is virtually nil indeed. However, the chances of "harmonizing" our laws and regulations so much that the difference between the two sides becomes meaningless is not so small. Unfortunately, that will mean that we adopt all sorts of American laws without having any voice in the government that enacts them.

Back