News   Jul 25, 2024
 957     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 756     0 

Lesbians with Dogs Looking to Move to Toronto

blacksax

Member Bio
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are looking to make a move to Toronto from Daytona Beach, FL. We're in our twenties and have two mediums sized Aussies. Where would be a good place to start looking for houses/condos in the city near Lesbian/Gay areas that are dog friendly?

Thank you for any help you can pass along!

-C

It's 10 minute walk to Church Street.

A family sized house will be about a million dollars.

This new townhouse is shockingly cheap. But it might not be big enough for your dogs.

Keep in mind that house prices in Toronto are still climbing to all-time highs.

It's 10 minute walk to Church Street.

A family sized house will be about a million dollars.

This new townhouse is shockingly cheap. But it might not be big enough for your dogs.

Keep in mind that house prices in Toronto are still climbing to all-time highs.

Those townhomes are part of the Star of Downtown project, I saw them being built. The materials aren't the greatest but that price does seem reasonable even though it's fairly small.

Best idea ladies, get an apartment for a year in the area then take your time to get to know the neighbourhood and the city. You may like the area or you may find another neighbourhood that works better for you with more reasonably priced homes or condos. All apartments take dogs, it's the law but there are "on-leash" requirements when on the apartment property (inside and outside) but there are lots of parks nearby.

Not a lot is for sale right now. Fall and winter is a slower time for home/condo sales in this market. Come around April the real estate listings really start to heat up.

Last edited:
That same townhouse can be rented for $1,450 monthly.If you want 2 bedrooms you'll pay about $2,500. Pretty much everywhere in downtown is in this rental range.

That same townhouse can be rented for $1,450 monthly.If you want 2 bedrooms you'll pay about $2,500. Pretty much everywhere in downtown is in this rental range.

$2500 for 2 bedroom in the Star of Downtown ???
are they on crack ... that building IS NOT worth it.

hell, just rent a 2 bedroom unit (~1000 SF) for $1200 in St. Jamestown, which is right across the street from the Star of Downtown.

as a reference, a brand new building rentals are approx $2.50 PSF/month.

Welcome to Toronto! There are a number of buildings right in the Church Street area that have very nice apartments. They're older buildings (meaning larger units), but they're generally better kept than the ones in St. Jamestown. They might be a good choice if you're looking to rent in that area.

Why not head to Leslieville, or another cheaper area? Not being gay, I don't understand the need to be in particular areas ... though there's certainly gay couples in every neighbourhood ...

My girlfriend and I are looking to make a move to Toronto from Daytona Beach, FL. We're in our twenties and have two mediums sized Aussies. Where would be a good place to start looking for houses/condos in the city near Lesbian/Gay areas that are dog friendly?

Thank you for any help you can pass along!

-C

Not sure what you are looking for but the Merchandise Building Condo (near Ryerson) [Church/Dundas area] (you would have to search and see if anyone is renting) has probably just as many dogs as people - I would guestimate that around 30 - 40% are gay (not sure about lesbian), and is just south of the gay area on Church. I don't think being gay should be much of an issue anywhere in Toronto IMHO.

Hey Lesbians! I'm moving back to T.O. from the south too with dogs.

Are you looking to rent or buy? A good resource for renting is www.viewit.ca

I try to avoid craigslist because of fraud and loons.

You might also be interested in Leslieville or the Beaches. Typically dog friendly. And there's more housing stock there than downtown. I find the more west you go int he city the less dog friendly it is as far as rentals go.

Back