News   Mar 28, 2024
 138     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 590     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 364     0 

Leaside

Old Yorke is a awesome, my fave place for fish and chips. I'm sure your in-laws will enjoy it.

The Metro parking lot is fenced off for construction too. I guess there will be a station entrance at northwest and southeast corners. The northeast corner plaza will be torn down for a pair of condos.

Olde Yorke is indeed great, but the lineups can be brutal and constricting (given how small the restaurant is). They really need to expand over their parking lot out back and figure out a better parking solution. A second restaurant location would also be nice.

I work for the Salvation Army HQ in the area and the former Goodwill store is going to be a new SA Thrift Store. There was some NIMBY-ism going on and the landlord apparently wanted a lot in rent, but it is happening.

Bayview and Eglinton has always been a place where people aspire to live. And when you get here, there’s nowhere else you would rather be.

Someone sure wants to distance themselves from the big box stores on Laird that this development is closer to. :p

I actually like having a mix of local stuff and big box. When I'm renovating, which is frequently, it's nice to have both Home Depot and Canadian Tire within a 3-minute drive from where I live!

In other news, parts of Eglinton are now open again, and there's fewer lane restrictions overall. Perhaps some of the over-ground construction is coming to an end. Also, the tunnel borers are now almost at Mt. Pleasant!

76-84 Laird Drive (near Southvale) is being listed as a development site for sale:

20210506_194848.jpg

Just wondering if O’Connor is considered Leaside? Anyways to a walk from bridge at Woodbine all the way up to Eglinton and was pleasantly surprised. Mix of new and old with a lot of new cafes and restaurants catering to a very urban crowd. Took a photo of one example of a tired 1950s storefront being redone. Great connection between downtown and all that will be happening at Victoria Park and Eglinton East.
E4A57F01-8FCF-401E-AC7C-4FD220CA07CD.jpeg

Just wondering if O’Connor is considered Leaside? Anyways to a walk from bridge at Woodbine all the way up to Eglinton and was pleasantly surprised. Mix of new and old with a lot of new cafes and restaurants catering to a very urban crowd. Took a photo of one example of a tired 1950s storefront being redone. Great connection between downtown and all that will be happening at Victoria Park and Eglinton East. View attachment 467889
Yeah this isn’t Leaside, and would probably belong in this discussion https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/east-york-old-east-york.20752/page-12

Grew up in that area.

Anyone have any intel on what motivated the Moore Ave TD branch to move from the location beside the Rexall and across the slip road from Loblaws to the former convenience store at the corner with Bayview?

Must say it was mildly amusing to pass there the other day and a display board touting some sort of green initiative, while the whole ground floor was brightly lit out of business hours, not to mention the presumably non-zero ecological impact of the shiny new exterior cladding etc.

Back