752     3 
News   Oct 09, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Oct 09, 2024
 501     0 

Krispy Kreme: the Rise and Fall

F

FutureMayor

Well it looks like one the pleasures of living outside of Toronto is coming right to the core to feed the hungry suburban office workers who can't wait for the commute home to pick up some sweets.

Krispy Kream is coming to downtown Toronto with it's new concept "Fresh Shops".

Two new locations will open in the PATH system at Richmond Adeladie Centre and at BCE Place.

Too bad it's not opening up a store front location, I think it would have been a big hit.

Louroz

Its about time.

I cant wait. Ill meet up with ganjavih there.

"Ill meet up with ganjavih there."

Word up, homie. We're there.

20020323_1.jpg

Nothing closer to Ryerson, like the Eaton Centre or a future Metropolis location?

When I want Krispy Kream I'm in no mood to do streneous exercises (like walking) to get there. That's why the location in Mississauga works so well: you're eating glazed sugar-lard and not doing anything to counter-act its forces (as in you can accomplish all this without lifting your ass off a seat; and best of all you feel damn good doing it!

Wouldn't one location for the office workers be enough, and one for the tourist/student crowd at the Yonge/Dundas area be better? I think I'm going to complain.

One in the Yonge/Dundas area would be perfect - ie. at Metropolis.

I don't know...Im just not a huge fan of these donuts. I think they'd be way better without all the icing...makes it too sweet. Nice and fluffy though.

Such a marketing success.

The donuts are good. But I am sorry. I don't see the hype in it.

The only reason they are famous is because they are American.

Give me a nice Tim Hortons donut.

I would take a KK dount over Tim Horton's one any day. KK are also now sold at wal mart, which sells out everyday.

Louroz

Retail: Rise and Fall of Krispy Kreme

Tim Horton's was my favorite of all the donut chains until Krispy Kreme came. I still prefer going into a Tim Horton's to Krispy Kreme but Krispy Kreme has the better donuts... time to change the dough Tim, or should I say Wendy.

Not everything KK has is superior. TH's cruller's blow KK's away.

Krispy Kremes are good, no doubt. But after trying them I found myself asking, "Why all the fuss?"

Back