KING Toronto (Westbank/Allied) - Real Estate -

Seems like their most recent email is being used to show us that the going rate is $2,034.47 psf.

the price per square foot varies greatly depending on whether it’s a courtyard unit vs. outward facing unit, size of balcony/terrace, number of bathrooms and its configurations, floor level (premiums could be as high as $27,000 per floor for an identical unit), exposure, and other features. 70% of the units here are unique so it’s hard to make any general assumptions.

When the project was first launched 5-1/2 years ago the price per square foot was about $1,400-$1,500/sq.ft for a courtyard unit and $1,600-$1,800+/sq.ft for an outward-facing unit. Some of the remaining units are now as high as $2,500/sq.ft, excluding the penthouse units (they are almost at 95% sold).
The price may seem shocking but there are tons of high end and unique features not found in other condos, such as: stout triple glazed windows (pretty much soundproof), BIG-designed Artemide lighting, custom BIG-designed terrazzo and wood panel flooring, motorized curtains, custom B&B Italia kitchens, European bathrooms with wall mounted toilets and heated floors, Miele PureLine appliances, biometric security, etc… the list is very extensive as outlined in Westbank’s coffee table book for the development. I think the price is very fair considering what you are getting — there are no cheap generic “builder’s fixtures” as on other condos. That was my main reason for purchasing here as I was tired of the cookie-cutter value-engineered condos plaguing the city and spending tens of thousands of dollars to renovate a brand new condo to my liking.

There are a few condos downtown that are more expensive, but they are located in Yorkville with a different clientele in a more exclusive and traditionally-luxurious building (with very high maintenance fees to match).

Westbank has their tentative occupancy date as September of this year, but that was from the latest update about a year ago. I’m sure there will be another notice to extend this date in the coming months.

the price per square foot varies greatly depending on whether it’s a courtyard unit vs. outward facing unit, size of balcony/terrace, number of bathrooms and its configurations, floor level (premiums could be as high as $27,000 per floor for an identical unit), exposure, and other features. 70% of the units here are unique so it’s hard to make any general assumptions.

When the project was first launched 5-1/2 years ago the price per square foot was about $1,400-$1,500/sq.ft for a courtyard unit and $1,600-$1,800+/sq.ft for an outward-facing unit. Some of the remaining units are now as high as $2,500/sq.ft, excluding the penthouse units (they are almost at 95% sold).
The price may seem shocking but there are tons of high end and unique features not found in other condos, such as: stout triple glazed windows (pretty much soundproof), BIG-designed Artemide lighting, custom BIG-designed terrazzo and wood panel flooring, motorized curtains, custom B&B Italia kitchens, European bathrooms with wall mounted toilets and heated floors, Miele PureLine appliances, biometric security, etc… the list is very extensive as outlined in Westbank’s coffee table book for the development. I think the price is very fair considering what you are getting — there are no cheap generic “builder’s fixtures” as on other condos. That was my main reason for purchasing here as I was tired of the cookie-cutter value-engineered condos plaguing the city and spending tens of thousands of dollars to renovate a brand new condo to my liking.

There are a few condos downtown that are more expensive, but they are located in Yorkville with a different clientele in a more exclusive and traditionally-luxurious building (with very high maintenance fees to match).

Westbank has their tentative occupancy date as September of this year, but that was from the latest update about a year ago. I’m sure there will be another notice to extend this date in the coming months.
I'm not trying to poo poo the project, but there isn't a hope in hell they'll make this.

Yes. These are good points and why I purchased a unit in the South Mountain facing the "park" (which does seem far smaller than I anticipated). From a financial standpoint it's an ok ROI over the years. With that said, it will be interesting to see how the price will progress. With that said, it is very hard to predict right now. And will only become nicer once completed and retail/commercial gets setup!

Is there an overview on prices between N/S/E/W - I honestly am really disappointed with the marketing team, never never seem to respond back.

Is there an overview on prices between N/S/E/W - I honestly am really disappointed with the marketing team, never never seem to respond back.
1708535010633.png

March 2023

Interesting features, thanks for detailing them. It is for sure an unique project that Elton John is your neighbour
And congrats on getting a unit here

Last edited:
I'm not trying to poo poo the project, but there isn't a hope in hell they'll make this.
I totally agree. They are pouring my floor right now (I‘m in the east mountain facing King & Brant) and with all those unique units and special construction & features I think it’s going to be more like late summer/early fall of next year.
Their completion date hasn’t been updated for a year now so I’m pretty sure that I will get a revised date soon, but I’m sure Westbank is trying to estimate when all of their trades can get this building done to meet occupancy standard and with the change of glass block wall manufacturer this will be hard to get a reasonably accurate timeline.

Hi There does anyone have any guess on when this may be ready for occupancy- best guess??? currently notice we got was for Sept 2024 but based on where construction stands cant imagine it not being moved substantially... maybe end of 2025?? ,

I was watching an interesting video on "green" skyscrapers that made me skeptical about this project.

I am sure there is no guarantee any of the green elements will make it into the final project

The vegetation is an integral of the building design and will be built.

Unlike some of the many residential towers that feature landscaped balcony and terraces, which many have failed or have maintenance issues, the design team on this project (landscape architects, engineers, etc., along with BIG) have done extensive studies and computer modelling as a part of the landscape design. This involves studies of microclimates of every part of the building (sunlight, wind, exposures, temperature, etc.) to determine specific species of plants specific to each balcony, terrace and wall facade. The planters are individually irrigated and have the proper soil depth and other details to ensure they thrive in our climate and in specific parts of the building.
The design process throughout the building has been extremely well studied and thought out which I have been very impressed.

I already know the kind of vegetation and tree I will have on my terraces from the architectural drawings. In a presentation by Westbank founder, Ian Gillespie, he proudly said that homeowners can identify their terrace from the outside of the building by the type of tree that will be planted there.

Back