News   Jul 22, 2024
 574     0 

July 2 - Bubble Battle

E

El Chico905

bubblebattleto.png

www.newmindspace.com/

Looks like fun.

I bet Lori spells her name with a big happy face instead of a little dot over the "i".

I wonder how much that toy store in the Eaton Centre is paying her to promote this.

b

Nothing. As far as i know they were just telling people where to closest bubble-seller was.

--

1> Not everything is a conspiracy

2> Even if it was true, what's wrong with people getting paid for pulling things off the way they intended? There were no bubble parties in the USSR.

Re: b

Nothing. I'm all in favour of advertising and p.r. I'm just curious how much that store is paying her to promote the store here.

shawn:

There was a whole underground bubble party thing going on for years in the U.S.S.R., and indeed throughout the communist world. "Bubble folk", as they called themselves, used to gather in the forests, on the steppes, and up the Urals with their little bottles of soapy water and homemade plastic hoops. Even in the dead of winter. They kept switching the venues to stay one step ahead of the secret police. A lot of people don't know this, but the whole rave scene in the West was closely based on the clandestine Soviet bubble movement. Loads of information has come out about it all, in the past couple of years. Shostakovich wrote a symphony about the happy bubble folk in the mid 1930's, until Stalin found out and had him declared an enemy of the revolution for a few years. It was only with his 5th symphony that he was able to revive his career and avoid being sent to Siberia.

Well, then there's the original "bubble party"
1welk.jpg

...and Strasburg, ND is probably kinda Siberian

Wow, a bath of bubbles and Ashley MacIsaac. Sounds like fun! :b

180382184_b261d60db5.jpg

Back