1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 547     0 

Interior Design Show

T

Team Critter

Anybody go this year? Worth checking out? Anybody find discounted admissions?

I went today. I say save your $15, you can see the same shit on King East or Ikea.

Some parts were cool - I'm always attracted to cool kitchen and bathroom and closet gagets - since these are the areas I don't like about my apartment.

I wasn't very keen on the Globe and Mail's four small city apartments. The thought of living in 650 square feet is so unappealing.

I just joined Urban Toronto, but I thought my 2 cents might be useful.

I would not have been happy if had to pay for admission out of pocket. I went because I work for a not-for-profit (Toronto Artscape) and had to sit in on the discussions on the Friday.

Speakers included Martha Schwsrtz, Enrique Norton and James Irvine. They all re-convened at the end of the day for a panel discussion moderated by Joe Berridge of Urban Strategies. Each presenter's discussion was interesting and informative. The final panel discussion was all too brief, having been abruptly cut off after only 30 minutes and one question from the audience - my main frustration.

I ahve to agree with Billy Corgan - you could easily see much of the stuff on display in the design ghettos and Ikea, though it is nice to be able to see it all under one roof.

Back