News   Aug 23, 2024
 619     0 

Hello:

• Thread starter stirredbutnotshaken
  • Start date
S

stirredbutnotshaken

Hello:

My name is John Smith. I did not think I would start talking so soon, but I read a post on skyscraperpage. ALL_THE_NAMES seemed quite concerned about being booted, and said that there was no justification. He tried clearing his cookies and that did not work. He asked somebody to ask billy, whoever that is (Administrator??), whether or not he was actually banned. I assume he is using the same name there he used in this forum, and in any case I am sure Mr. Man can correct me if I am wrong. Thus I decided to ask: Billy, is he banned and why?????
I, myself, currently live in Mississauga and am just about 22 years old. I am a graduate in Science from York, and enjoy urban forms. Please, somebody let me know if there is a place where you are SUPPOSED to introduce yourself, as I have not yet checked out the site.

I've encountered the same "You are Banned from this Forum" message on many occassions. On my PC, refreshing the screen a few times always clears up the problem for me.

Btw, welcome to the Forum stirredbutnotshaken

Much as I hate to be a moderator for these sorts of things, ALL_THE_NAMES seems quite distraught!! More so than ever before. He says that he recieves no "you are benned message" but simply cannot access the forum. Originally, when he was denied access, he reapplied (the one for which you can get an email reply (I was ACCEPTED)). He says he was denied even this. He asks billy (still do not know who this fellow really is) why he was denied his re-application.

I haven't received any application by that forum member. He was not banned so the problem is on his end. BTW, you share the same IP as ALL_THE_NAMES so maybe just maybe he is back on the forum? >D

This is what I fear, this board being stigmatized (either just, or unjustly), as a place where banishment is handed around freely, and cruely.

We need to get off ezboard!

We will have our own private forum this summer Canuck. :D

Damn.............................You understand, right? I had to know the reason I was banned, even if that meant being a little dishonest. Sorry I (nearly) fooled (almost) everybody. However, I did try to send you an application billy, as ALL_THE_NAMES_WERE_TAKEN091. Why did you receive the application for stirredbutnotshaken but not ALL_THE_NAMES_WERE_TAKEN091?? If you give me your email address (your real one) I can even email you the letter I got back ("application DENIED!!!!!!!!!!"). Is somebody answering on your behalf? In any case, because my application was denied once, I can never manage to re-obtain the screen where you can submit your app., it simply says I was denied. I suppose I learned the hard way that all the names really were not taken, and am now stirredbutnotshaken. Please clear up his application process for me. You say you received the one for stirredbutnotshaken, but not ALL_THE_NAMES_WERE_TAKEN091??????

Also, since I had more than fifty posts at the time of...whatever it was that actually occurred...can you hold off on REALLY banning me for being a Newbie with too many views?

Tell me about this IP concept? Over lunch shall we?

Like the name 'John Smith' didn't sound phony enough to begin with. :D

For no good reason , I still get banned messages when using Microsoft Explorer but not when I use Netscape 6, can't figure it out, cleaned my cookies loads of times.

Are Be:
Whenever you get a banned message in IE, try clicking CTRL-F5. Tell me is this makes a difference.

F5 by itself is just 'refresh'.
CTRL+F5 is 'clean out temporary internet files, re-send request, and refresh'

Simply, if you get a banned message, F5 will say 'yup, that page saying you're banned hasn't changed'. CTRL+F5 will actually re-send your request to log on.

When you press F5, your computer looks to see if the time stamp on the version saved on your computer is the same as the one on the web server. CTRL+F5 refreshes even if the time stamp is the same.

Give it a try (this is espically noticeable with a slow connection). Press F5, and the page will just flash and return to how it was before. Press CTRL+F5, and the whole page will actually reload.

Back