Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The two turns barely makes a difference. This is also different then other small city LRT systems in that the line is quite long. 95% of the line is a straight line. These two bends will at most add 30-60 seconds. This is hardly something to hold the entire $4billion project for that has already been delayed, cancelled, restarted.

Anyone arguing a 30 second loss in time should grind the process to a half is I'm just assuming arguing in bad faith and actually just wants to see the project cancelled.

They're also just not going to halt the project for this, so people can say what they like, it's going forward the way it is.
It'll be more than 30-60 seconds. Also consider that by going this route, we're adding an extra intersection/ red light to the line. Which in turn will add more to the travel time.

It'll be more than 30-60 seconds. Also consider that by going this route, we're adding an extra intersection/ red light to the line. Which in turn will add more to the travel time.
LRT will have signal priority. Non-issue for a line crossing through 36 intersections. Adding one additional intersection to cross is adding 2.7% more intersections.

As I said, it's 30-60 seconds max. The train already has to slow down for the station anyway, so the losses will be minimal.

Only 2 stops west of the 403, 15 other stops are east of the 403. Riders travelling between those 15 stops, who do not go to or from McMaster, will not be affected by the quality of the 403 crossing at all.

Yes, it would be ideal to get the bridge included from the beginning. But, delaying the whole thing and letting the cost to escalate is not a good approach.

Hopefully, the 403 bridge can be added later, perhaps bundling it into the next round of transit expansion together with some new projects.

More likely highways related, honestly. My guess is announcing tendering of the Highway 5/6 interchange in Waterdown.

There are also rumblings the province will be uploading the RHVP and Linc like they are the Gardiner / DVP and 174 in Ottawa, so it may be related to that.

Hopefully LRT though!
The release says roads and driving but I've learned the province doesn't have a transit subject for announcements and they always put roads and driving for transit stuff. Good flags on potential topics!

This LRT project shouldn't move forward until they secure funding for the 403 bridge. The two 90° turns on Dundurn is a terrible idea.

The Dundurn Bottle Neck is such a buzz kill. And will be even more of a buzz kill for those riding the B-Line from Stoney Creek to McMaster.

I’m not saying this plan should be placed on hold until the LRT-403-Bridge is back, but I am saying the HSR needs to implement as much of the Re-Envision Network like next week rather than ‘pending-LRT’.

So much in this city has been held up by this ‘LRT-pending’ nonsense, the City knowing damn well it was decades away.

Hamilton is not a serious city.

Invest some money and effort already!! Stop begging for hand outs!

And for those Gaslighters still pretending this was never about ‘rapid transit’, I’m curious as to why the word ‘Rapid’ is found 359 times in the City’s own Rapid Ready plan?

IMG_6146.jpeg

Back