763     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 394     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 316     0 

got calimari?

F

forbiddenLYNX

I love calimari, and if you do too, I bet you have your own favorite place to eat it.
But since I order it all over the place, I think I know where they have one of the best resturants that serve this crispy but juicy appt, or dinner. "The Greek Gourmet" it's on Yonge, north of Lawrence stn and south of Yorkmills stn. it's on the east side of yonge infron of mastermind. on the same block as TD bank. Just south of Loblaws.
give it a try, you wont be dissapionted.
Actully everything there is really good. roast lamb,
musaka(sp?).
fLYNX

I love fried squid.

I couldn't say with certainty what the "best" was, but 've certainly had memorable calamari: Ouzeri's on the Danforth, the Amsterdam, more will come to me.

Calamari really emancipates us all from our psychological barrier to a mollusc diet. Meat and potatoes people have used calamari at a sports bar to segue into an exciting culinary world of weird critters and undersea creatures. If I could, I'd give calamari the Order of Canada.

Me and my buddies went to the Keg Mansion after grad ceremony, shit man, the calimari was something else there. I mean i know its a steakhouse, but it was really good.

Calamari is one of my most fav dishes, though I've only had it really good at a few places in town.

My local resto, Bar Italia has been serving it off-and-on for a while now. Grilled to smokey perfection, it's presented on a fluffy bed of arugala - a great bitter counterpoint to the smokiness.

Last I tried, the Paddock served a great one too. Theirs is also grilled. The trick with calamari, as you all know, is that it has to be grilled just right. Left any longer than needed on the flame, you may as well be chewing on your bicycle tire. The Paddock pulled an interesting one with thier version - I believe it was picked ginger and cabbage slaw. The sweetness was a wonderfull surprise.

One other that comes to mind is Bar One's version (same designer as Bar Italia, by the way - Gianone). Here, the calamari is set on a kaleidescope of various citris wheels - orange, lemon and grapfruit, I believe.

Ummmm. Keep it commin'!

Back