News   Apr 24, 2024
 873     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 599     0 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

Pictures from today.
IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5955.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

really just a massive shame they never extended the glass box all the way to both ends. It just makes the whole thing look incomplete and cheap, especially now that they ditched the green roof as well.
Seriously. If they wanted to save some of the train shed, it should have been relocated to somewhere else, either another less used station (ideally one with a heritage station building to go with it), or a museum.

The roundhouse museum is right there (obviously not all of it should go there but a small portion could). Besides that if they couldn’t find anywhere to put the rest of it, then it should just be scrapped… it isn’t that worthy of full preservation

Last edited:
Widening the rail bridges at Lower Jarvis and Lower Sherbourne Streets.
I thought they were adding a crane base but obviously this is the embankment for the bridge extension. I thought I read something about a crane. I guess to a lift (from above, below or beside will be required at some time.

Today Jarvis St.
IMG_6020.jpeg

The pictures below are from March 1 & 2
IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    934.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
    819.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6020.jpeg
    IMG_6020.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 7
really just a massive shame they never extended the glass box all the way to both ends. It just makes the whole thing look incomplete and cheap, especially now that they ditched the green roof as well.
I'm one of the few people on here that is pro-train-shed preservation, but without the green roof and proper interior accent lighting the project gets low marks in my books.

I'm one of the few people on here that is pro-train-shed preservation, but without the green roof and proper interior accent lighting the project gets low marks in my books.
How can you do a green roof on the shed without taking away its historic look? It would be akin to taking a steam locomotive and running it on overhead wires.

We all want European infrastructure here in Canada, why not Swiss steam engines too:View attachment 547718
I really want to argue that it isn't what I meant, but sadly, it's exactly what I meant.

Now, with the train shed roof, if we just leave it, eventually moss will grow on it. Is that green enough?

Back