News   Mar 28, 2024
 982     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 553     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 845     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Thanks to @reinventingthewheel over on the Finch LRT pages for highlighting Woodbines proposed timeline for the Woodbine GO Station. I don't know how construction of a relatively simple two-island station can last 4.5 years but this is their estimate - shrug.
https://woodbinecommunityplan.com/
1711470692787.png

Update on the foundations that were poured at the old Platform 1 site (Exhibition GO). Black tarp looking material is now covering and orange markings written on the retaining wall all the way east and west. Looks to me that track 2 will move here soon.

Also, the concrete footpath from the sidewalk at Atlantic Ave to the north stairs of the ped bridge has been poured. I'm guessing the building to the immediate south of the stairwell is where the tunnel extension will lead up to. Not sure what the streetcar looking shelter is in the foreground. I think once the new ped bridge opens that the connection from the bottom of Atlantic Ave to Platform 1 will be closed and all traffic will have to use the bridge to access all GO platforms. Speaking of which, the new bridge is expected to open in mid-April, as per staff at the Ontario Line open house last month.

View attachment 546871
View attachment 546870
View attachment 546872
Is that your tag in the first photo?

1711483934990.png

Back