News   Aug 13, 2024
 148     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 803     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Garden Tower (Yonge @ Walton, ?, 51s, Suulin)

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Whoa

http://www.suulin-architects.com/garden-tower

This project came about due to an interest in smaller lot sizes and an inherent shift to point towers.

This building features garden atrium spaces in each apartment.

This project is currently in the early stages of design and city plan review.

Suulin Architects were formed by 2 of the architects who were at Shim-Sutcliffe and worked on the fantastic Sisters of Saint Joseph Building at Broadview and O'Connor.

Tower-_Aerial_1000.png

Tower-_Podium_1000.png

Tower-_Sky_Garden_1000.png

Not sure, but I believe this is the site - Yonge and Walton, right across the street from YSL:

upload_2017-5-10_20-31-29.jpeg

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-10_20-31-29.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-10_20-31-29.jpeg
    618.1 KB · Views: 288
I wonder how the 8 Elm and 33 Gerrard projects will affect this?

Private garden atria is very interesting. But how would something like this be maintained: is it up to mgmt or the owner (and if the latter would it be written in that it must be kept green to a certain degree)?

I love the idea of these gardens, however, depending on how they are to be maintained, the reality might not be so great.

I love the idea of these gardens, however, depending on how they are to be maintained, the reality might not be so great.

CCBR at U of T have sky gardens along these lines - in any case, my first order of concern is if one could even come close to achieving the kind of glazing envisioned for these gardens.

AoD

Back