394     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 417     0 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 529     2 

Founder of informal gay sub-group at UrbanToronto

A

Archivistower

I apologise in advance for a reporter's small misinterpretation in an article in Xtra! that you might see if you read the Pride issue. Although I e-mailed Nancy with an explanation of what UrbanToronto is and I'm certain that I didn't describe myself as a "founder" of an informal gay sub-group, there is a reference to this just the same. I'll have to check my e-mail to see what I said.

I suppose it's a bit of press for the forum, though I can imagine people's confusion once they are approved and in, and expecting a gay sub-group.

Drop by to see the Pride/Archives panels at Pride at any rate, if you are around.

Archivist: But there is a thread about a Pride Weekend Forum Meet, so if the 'Xtra' article draws in a few new members they'll know the eleusive sub-group really does exist. And if they show up at the Pride Meet and turn out to be a bunch of airheads ... we'll blame you!

lol @ dan

I read the article and enjoyed it, and was not surprised at all. I've had enough dealings with media to know it's a miracle if an entire article makes it to print without inaccuracies/mistakes/distortions. I found the mention of the founding of the sub-group very amusing.

Back