News   May 03, 2024
 697     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 315     0 

Floorplan Opinions - King East

elyko19

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Apparently the column in the kitchen area will be removed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• King East.JPG
    King East.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
My apologies.

I forgot to attach the layout. Any thoughts/insights would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks..

Very good choice. I was considering the King East myself.

Nuetral:
  • Some people will say that the hallway at the entrance is a waste of space, but 787 sf is a large space for a 1 bedroom so the hallway is inconsequential.

Pros:
  • The living and kitchen is a good size for entertaining. I'd place a sofa against the west wall and TV against the east wall. You could probably fit a chair on an angle between the wall and column (or foliage such as plants, etc.)
  • Bedroom is a good size and the ensuite is nice. Pretty much only one option to place a bed, but it won't encroach on what would be the natural walkway from the living to the bathroom.
  • Bathroom with both tub and stand up shower is great.
  • After walking through the hallway, the unit opens up real nicely with that den and the length of the kitchen leading into the living room.
  • They placed the HVAC in an area that doesn't take up any main living space.
  • You could turn the den into a quasi second bedroom or guest room. But if you wanted to do that definitely make it a large sliding door like the master bedroom and keep it open when no one is sleeping there as it would be weird to have no main access to the bathroom.

Cons:
  • The door to the balcony slides right to left which is standard. But this means you have to walk into your bedroom to go to the balcony whereas it may be more ideal to walk out from the living room. Especially if you want to keep your bedroom private from your guests. I would think that that is an easy adjustment for them to make.

How do you see yourself living there? That leads to the best way to lay it out.

Thanks for the reply...

I didn't realize the entrance to the balcony would technically be via the bedroom! Not the most ideal location, but it's not the end of the world I guess. My only concern with this layout was the width of the living space (10.8 feet) which seems narrower than the average width of a living space (but i could be wrong).

It isn't the end of the world at all. You have nothing to lose to ask about it and if they can't/won't then c'est la vie. Come to think of it, if they weren't willing to do it, I imagine it could be done by a contractor.

10.8 feet is getting to be pretty standard. Where I currently live, the width is 10 feet. Room for a sofa, coffee table, and entertainment unit but certainly plenty of room for walk through. Extra patience and care took into my purchasing a coffee table. At the end of the day, it's all about maximizing space and how you go about doing it.

Back