News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 656     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 305     0 

Floor Plan opinions

Hi There

This is a fairly decent layout. The space is still slightly narrow but better than most. I have to say that the alignment of the front hall closet is misfortunate as it impedes on the floorplans openness as a whole.

I live in a Tridel built townhome and sound proofing is excellent, double layered drywall with a deadwall system in-between units. Its rare that I hear my neighbours.

In regards to your need to separate the living/dining space. My livingroom/dining room is 10.5 feet by 21.5 feet. (just shy of the space you have) Once you get your furniture placed in the room, you'll find that there is little room for an actual wall. You way consider hanging a sheer piece of fabric curtain to visually divide the space. My suggestion is to enjoy the large open space and revel in the face that you were able to afford such a large open concept space.

What are you ceiling heights like? My unit has 10 foot ceilings, which really add to the sense of space. Something else to consider is working with lower height furniture keeping the room visually open with nothing going much higher then waist level in the living/dining area. Save the high book cases for a more closed off room.

Congratulations and enjoy you new home!

Hi There

This is a fairly decent layout. The space is still slightly narrow but better than most. I have to say that the alignment of the front hall closet is misfortunate as it impedes on the floorplans openness as a whole.

I live in a Tridel built townhome and sound proofing is excellent, double layered drywall with a deadwall system in-between units. Its rare that I hear my neighbours.

In regards to your need to separate the living/dining space. My livingroom/dining room is 10.5 feet by 21.5 feet. (just shy of the space you have) Once you get your furniture placed in the room, you'll find that there is little room for an actual wall. You way consider hanging a sheer piece of fabric curtain to visually divide the space. My suggestion is to enjoy the large open space and revel in the face that you were able to afford such a large open concept space.

What are you ceiling heights like? My unit has 10 foot ceilings, which really add to the sense of space. Something else to consider is working with lower height furniture keeping the room visually open with nothing going much higher then waist level in the living/dining area. Save the high book cases for a more closed off room.

Congratulations and enjoy you new home!

Thanks for your comments, yes the closet has been remarked upon by a few people already. It may actually look better in person than it does on a floorplan.
Its funny you mention Tridel because after I bought this unit, Tridel released their floorplans for Avonshire townhomes and the units look beautiful! And they are only slightly higher priced than I paid. However, their website does not indicate how much parking is but some of them have basements (assuming not counted in terms of square footage) and roof top terraces. I know Tridel has a much better reputation, so now I am wondering if I should have held off. I would love to have a roof top terrace!
Both floors of my townhome have 9 foot ceilings, you are so lucky to have 10 foot ceilings, from my understanding, these are becoming more common but still relatively rare. I do intend to buy furniture that is apartment sized because in the past I have tended towards big furniture and its looked very cluttered. Where is your unit if you don't mind me asking?

Back