News   Jul 08, 2024
 108     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 

Floor plan design

Looks great. Good candidate for renting out the 2nd room too if need be with the placement of the bedrooms and bathrooms. Unit is huge.

I was thinking that I would not need the second bedroom and I would prefer a huge living/dining. The drywall for the second bedroom can be always added back again if needed. Also extending the kitchen island by 2ft and adding a breakfast bar would give a lot of counter space. I was also thinking in removing the small walls in the bedroom that make the closet and leave it open to install some custom built-in wardrobes with doors. See attached. Thoughts?

Also I think it's better to have a shower in the second bathroom instead of a bathtub. The unit has 11ft ceilings

Attachments

• NewPlanHarlowe.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 622
  • closetscustombuiltin.jpg
    closetscustombuiltin.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
I really like the layout - it's very square/rectangular and thus usable. 11ft ceilings is crazy! *jealous* I'm also aligned with your modifications:
  • stretch the island lengthwise
  • add breakfast bar to the island
  • I really like the extra space you get by removing the second bedroom entirely
    • The living/dining now gets the extra window light, very nice!
    • However, have you considered the need for a room for quiet/space? Given enough real estate, I really like having a separate den where I can work or read
  • I'm not sold on removing the main bedroom's walk-in-closet wall, but I don't absolutely hate it either
Love it overall!

I was thinking that I would not need the second bedroom and I would prefer a huge living/dining. The drywall for the second bedroom can be always added back again if needed. Also extending the kitchen island by 2ft and adding a breakfast bar would give a lot of counter space. I was also thinking in removing the small walls in the bedroom that make the closet and leave it open to install some custom built-in wardrobes with doors. See attached. Thoughts?

Also I think it's better to have a shower in the second bathroom instead of a bathtub. The unit has 11ft ceilings

Definitely take out the bathtub in the second bathroom, create a nice shower. Other than that, great space! Tripwire is right, add a breakfast bar/stretch the island!

It's a good floor plan, but I would change the double sink in the MB to single. I would also reconfigure the master closet: It takes up a LOT of space.

Back