212     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 804     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 2K     0 

Final Entries for Logo

B

billy corgan19982

Please post your final entries for the logo contest in this thread.

Thank you.

Admin.

Here is my final logo entry. I had tried to throw in the skydome and the york hotel on either side of the Bank of Montreal and Scotia Bank, but it didn't look right. First the skydome with it's round shape took away from the buildings rising straight up, which created imbalance on both sides. Second the buildings right now are rising up high into the clouds. By putting those smaller buildings in it, it gives a threshold of where the ground is, thus shrinking all the towers.

I think this is the best version, and it is completely balance on both sides. Everything is rushing up from the font, which is what I wanted.

I also wanted to display this logo on the default color band of this forum to show you how seamless this logo is on different surfaces.

dencity

50finalblackgold.jpg

In addition here is the white background version.
1482final.jpg

Hmm, where are the rest of the logos ? I will extend the deadline to April 4th. BTW nice work dencity.

SD,

Will you be entering a logo or can I just declare dencity the winner. I really liked both of your draft logos.

Yeah...I'll enter them...in by 4th for sure
sorry for delay!

Here they are...had a bunch of them but narrowed it down to these two.

#1 is the same without CN Tower
#2 is left black and white to demonstrate how it would look on a t-shirt...it can be made any colours you want

I think a combination of dencity's logo with #2 would look terrific (although it already looks great as it is)

UrbanTorontoLogos.jpg

Great work SD.

Number 1 is stunning but it really doesn't say anything to me (other than we are a bunch of Skyscraper fanatics... which is true).

Might be a little heavy of the tower theme given the mandate to speak about many things beyond towers.

Number 2 is great... friendly but sophisticated enough to be taken seriously.

I'm suprised you are only going with one colour variations though. We can always do one colour versions when we need them, but I think you should recommend a two colour treatment (image/font) which will be far better for web and printed materials.

Your density/SD combo might work... kind of weird but very democratic!

I really like the second one alot, super clean lines. The problem with the first one is, will people be able to recognize what it is without the font?

Good work SD, we should do some work together.

3D:

I know...I really wanted to work on this but at the same time have been really pressed for time as it is the end of term and I also have other stuff to take care of from paying clients. So I thought I'd just put what I had.

dencity:

Yeah...we should. You're quite a talent.

Back