News   Jul 23, 2024
 444     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 477     0 

Ezboard problem update

B

billy corgan19982

5/31/05 - ezboard network issues
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a summary of the symptoms resulting from today's ezboard server issues:

1) Certain boards and forums are missing topics.
2) Various request errors are hindering boards (when opening certain topics, when replying, etc.). The problem where boards' main pages were giving a request error should be fixed, though.
3) Some boards have reported losses of funds from their Community Chests.
4) Various boards' user member lists have lost a number of users or gone blank(?) .
5) Certain boards' security logs have gone blank.
6) The ezboard network is slow.

Along with our technical operations department, we have been and are continuing to work on the solutions to each of these problems. Until we are able to come up with specific instructions for each issue, please sit tight. We will make each set of instructions available as soon as possible.

On behalf of ezboard, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank all of you for your patience (we apologize for the lack of an immediate update, but we have also been hindered by request errors and time-outs when trying to post here). Again, we will update this topic as frequently as possible.

i guess that explains the errors.

i thought it was just my system or some bad code posted.

hopefully they fix it.

Yeah, I got kicked off UrbanToronto and I had to reapply. Did this happen to anyone else here too?

what the heck??

there's only 2 pages of topics in the P&C section!!

Billy, the forum would be way better we just switched off of EZBoard...the security is horrible for the amount of money that is going into this site. We have to go to vBulletin or something better than this crap.

Is it possible to move all the data (posts, users, etc) over when you switch? Im all for switching but the lose of so much information would be my only concern.

My gawd, they had an attack that wiped out their backup storage as well.

Whoever gotten caught doing this should be denied net access for life (hacking off their fingers and vocal cords would do nicely).

GB

I am noticing that even more stuff is gone from the threads today - Toronto Issues only has half a page or threads, same with General Discussions. P&C now lost page 2.

how the hell did it get worse?

between yesterday and today, even more stuff is gone. >:

the union-pearson ARL thread with all it's valuable input is gone. it was my fav thread. :(

>: >: >:

billy, make sure sleazyboard refunds all your money back.

The neverending Metropolis thread has survived, albeit whittled down to 13 pages...

I've finally been able to log in today for the first time since Tuesday of last week. I thought I was banned!

Back