259     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 541     0 

Expensive Bloor Street.

M

miketoronto

I always knew Bloor Street was our high-end street. But man is it expensive.
Today I went shopping downtown with a friend. We went to the more middle class areas of downtown. But we also went window shopping on Bloor. I have bought stuff from Bloor-Yorkville before(but from the more cheaper stores). Anyway we went into some of the really expensive stores on Bloor.

I have never seen prices like that before. One leather coat was $4,000.00. Now I will admit. I never felt such a nice leather coat before. It felt like butter.

We saw $1,200 dollar shirts, and $795.00 sweaters.

I can not believe the prices on that street.

I know we have the rich people. But man, that is a lot of money for a shirt, even if you are rich.

Anyway it was interesting. If you have never actually ventured into those stores, check them out sometime. They are fun to walk through, even if you don't buy.

Many people were buying. Don't know where they get the money from. But man.

Yes, they have expensive items. Yes, leather jackets can cost $4,000, it doesn't surprise me, and I doubt it surprises anyone here that thats how high prices are in Yorkville.

Mike,

Maybe now you will realize why people disagree with your assesment that Toronto and it's inhabitants are "cheap"...

To be honest though, these prices don't surprise me at all..places like this have been around for a while in this city.

I know they have been around. Just I never actually went in before and checked out the prices.

IMO, I would prefer a more centralized shopping avenue à la Michigan Ave. (in Chicago) or rue Ste-Catherine (in Montreal), rather than a significantly smaller Bloor-Yorkville and a Eaton Centre (which useful and nice as it is, is a mall in the middle of downtown).

IMO, I would prefer a more centralized shopping avenue à la Michigan Ave. (in Chicago) or rue Ste-Catherine (in Montreal), rather than a significantly smaller Bloor-Yorkville and a Eaton Centre (which useful and nice as it is, is a mall in the middle of downtown).

It isn't just Bloor and Eaton Centre though...you're forgetting about streets like Queen.

What I mean is more centralized shopping arteries. Queen's great, but unless you go to WQW, most of the stores are the same as in the Eaton Centre. The cafés are awesome, though, and the vitality of the street.

Back