News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 855     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Durham Region Transit / Pulse

Just a note on DRT Ridership: (this from highlights of the April Meeting of the Transit Executive Ctte)

View attachment 555812
I've never used (as I'm never in an appropriate zone/time), but on demand ridership was down; some is attributed to technical challenges (not accounting for customers boarding time for example). They increased the dwell time which helped w/reliability, but reduces capacity of course...new hours are coming on board from the '24 budget so maybe not a big issue (by the time they hire, probably timed for the fall).

They are also got monies from the feds to promote on demand service to the 55+ population. I wonder if they'll advertise and add service for 55+ in urban regions to promote the service where taking a bus could be a challenge.

I went to one of the PICs that DRT has been hosting over the past few weeks. From what I gathered, the main goal for the service planning team was to try and increase reliability on many major routes (i.e. the 920) that have buses running consistently late. They hinted that the major service changes (i.e. restoration of old routes and new routes) will come with the Septemeber service change. The team was also talking about a new route in West Whitby to serve the new Oshawa Clinic group facility opening next month.

this happen
1713215426965.png

Riding a leased bus right now. Turns out DRT went ahead and installed the audio and visual passenger announcements.

Back