News   Jul 11, 2024
 526     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 639     1 

Downtown Yonge BIA: New lamp posts

thaman05

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed that along Yonge St down the side of Eaton's Centre, they are building a bunch of these wooden things. What the heck are they? lol

I don't think so because they're sticking up right out of the ground lol.. unless those are just some temporary things for them to get down.. but i dunno

Perhaps the BIA is continuing with the installation of the new street lamps that are already in place north of Dundas. I recall a similar set-up when they were installed last fall.

The pits they've dug look really large. Much larger than you'd expect for lamp posts. Couldn't help but notice they cracked some granite slabs in the process.

Exactly what I was thinking! I dare someone to ask one of the workers what they are they doing.. lol :p

Its just the light poles. The holes look the same as the ones they used on Yonge north of Dundas.

From the Downtown Yonge BIA website it's lights.

Street Lighting Construction:
HOURS OF WORK: Weekdays (M-F) from 7am to 7pm;
2 lane closure in the area of construction from 7am – 7pm;
Curblane Closure weekdays (M-F only/ 24/7);
No work or lane closures during weekends (Sat/ Sun).

West Side of Yonge: from Dundas to Shuter Street
Construction will start this week on the West side of Yonge Street at Dundas, and working from north to south, crews will undertake civil work (excavation and structural footing installation) over the course of the next 6 weeks (mid Aug).

East Side of Yonge: from Shuter Street to Dundas
Construction will start in mid August on the East side of Yonge at Shuter Street, and working from south to north, crews will undertake civil work (excavation and structural footing installation) over from approx. mid August to late September.

Back