News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 694     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 314     0 

Do you like this 1 bedroom floor plan? Reve (Tridel)

Apollo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello all,

Bought into Reve and had the oppertunity to choose this floor plan. Although it is only 500 square feet, I think the layout does not waste any space. I also think it will appear larger then a 500 square foot unit when inside.

Please comment on the layout. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thank you

Here is the link = http://www.tridel.com/reve/1bd/1c_suite.php

Attachments

• 1c_floor.jpg
    1c_floor.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 628
I really like it. I think it's a good use of the space. The kitchen is open to the living/dining and the bedroom is a very good size.

Depending on your lifestyle, I would forego a dining table unless you will be having dinner parties. Go with the breakfast bar and create a larger living space and walkthrough to the balcony. Again, depending on how you wish to live, I'd even suggest no breakfast bar/dining at all. Against the bar, you could opt for a long plush bench which will create a larger sitting area couple with a couch in the living room. That'll be better when you have people gathered around the TV or just gathered in the living room.

Condo furniture, for sure, but that's alright and you can come up with some good extra seating ideas that double as side tables when you don't have extra guests. It's not how much space you have, but what you do with it. I think you can make good use of this 500 sf of space.

Thanks for the response urban vigor. I was thinking the same thing, realistically there is no room for a dinner table. I can make the living room area larger and add a slim table flush with the back of the couch which can act like a desk/small dinner table. The long bench at the breakfast bar is a great idea.

Please keep the comments/suggestions coming!

Take a look at The King East model suite... http://www.thekingeast.com/flash.php ... first picture on the bottom left.

This is kind of what I had in mind along the breakfast bar. Of course, you could go with a full bench and have more seating or do what they did with a bench/end table.

Yeah, I think you should make the living room larger and forego the dining table. I have never seen them anywhere myself, but a friend of mine had a coffee table that converted into a dining table. Somehow it could be raised and you could slide chairs underneath. So most of the time, you've got a living room and the odd time you can have a romantic dinner for two. :) If I see these anywhere, I'll let you know. Hey, if you see them anywhere, let me know. :)

It's a small space but extremely compact and well laid out. Now this is how you design efficient, smaller living spaces. Kudos to Tridel.

^I agree. It's a very efficient use of space. I like it.

What I don't like:

+the front door opening into the bathroom door
+the small-ass balcony

Minor problems, I suppose. Especially the door issue, but the balcony is sort of important. Balconies can play a huge psychological role in your perception of the unit's space. The size of your balcony doesn't contribute much in this regard.

This is a tiny space. Suitable for one person, not a couple. While the layout is efficient, there isn't much space for storage.

Back