189     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Crowds at NPS Today

S

spmarshall

I was heading back after doing another Better Know A Car Line, when the 501 was stuck in traffic, starting in front of St. Mike's then getting worse by Old City Hall. I wondered what was going on, then realized that Khalsa Day, a high holiday for Sikhs.

I couldn't believe the crowds. I had my camera ready, so I got a few pics.

Asshat in the SUV holding up everyone else, including the streetcar.

khalsa1.jpg

khalsa2.jpg

khalsa3.jpg

khalsa4.jpg

khalsa5.jpg

khalsa6.jpg

khalsa7.jpg

I'm in there as well. Was meeting another UT member. I suggested Dundas Square. He said it was busy with some Maple Leafs thing. He suggested NPS. Well that sure was a way better choice lol.

I returned from England the day before so woke up really early. 504 downtown, checked out the St.Lawrence Flea Market at 6 a.m., dropped by the fitness centre and ran for half an hour, then strolled to the Square. La Pitfield was promising the moon to the Vietnamese up on the ramp while I gorged below.

Talking of overeating, I hear the King Eddy does a great Sunday buffet brunch. Will try it soon.

studying the elevated concrete ramps in those pics. The square would be more appealing and inviting without them.

They are never used and add nothing to the square.

Here we go again ...

They were used. Then they were closed for years. Then, last year, they were opened again. Now I see they've been closed again. Drat!

Don't worry, samplain, whatever official future-of-NPS entities exist out there have already quietly factored you out of the equation...

I'm in there as well. Was meeting another UT member. I suggested Dundas Square. He said it was busy with some Maple Leafs thing. He suggested NPS. Well that sure was a way better choice lol.

Some of the people on these forums are somewhat foolish.

the last picture is a poster for why it shouldnt be there.

suspended concrete tube to hotel...ok Ill stop there.

Back