News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 694     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 314     0 

Critique a floor plan

The living space is long and relatively narrow. How would you position your couch/TV/tables etc... Third bedroom wouldn't fit much after a bed so I would plan on using this space as a den. The Kitchen/Dining area will be poorly lit so I would make sure there is ample light fixtures going to be installed in that area.

I thought it might be fun for some, and helpful to me, if I posted a floor plan of a place I'm considering and had it critiqued. Pros/cons, things to be aware of, etc. I appreciate any feedback.

Hi BobBob,

Can you email me a copy of the floorplan? I tried to save a copy of it, but something is 'up' with my computer. I want to do a new rendering for you.

What are YOUR main priorities for the space?
Do you want small/large bedrooms, a chef's kitchen, a large LR/DR combo or separate spaces, etc ?

And if you have any 'pull' with Tribute or any other developer or interior design firm .... I'm available. although it's not my profession. :)

Thanks.
cdr108@yahoo.com

I find it odd how on the left side there's so many black lines. The windows are covered with wall? Good point about the kitchen. Usually they're well light so I never notice. But this one does have a bad positioning for light. The living room does look troublesome

For the living room, I'm thinking it can be divided into two distinct areas, a seating area by the window, with a sofa, chair and small coffee table, and a family/tv area closer to the dining room, with another sofa and a flat-screen tv across from it. I can imagine it all working with where the door entrances are, but they are a bit restrictive.

The third bedroom is a bit small and awkward for a single bed and desk combo, but that could be fixed by taking out the closet and using that opening for a desk nook. Seems that 3rd bedroom is begging for some sort of intervention - it's a versatile corner.

I'm not sure how important natural light is in a kitchen. I find that I've usually had plenty of it in my kitchens, but have still turned on the lights in most situations. The precision work that's done in there requires strong, focused lighting. :) Thoughts?

I like it!

The only thing i'd do (if this was for me to live in) is to move the kitchen to where the hall closets are now - make it an L-shape kitchen. You could put a nice island in and you'd have to relocate the closets to where you currently have the stove/fridge.

Back