398     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 577     0 

Cosi fan tutte TONIGHT (OCTOBER 26) - Free ticket with me

A

Archivistower

I have one free ticket for Cosi fan tutte - the only requirement being that we dine together before the show. Show is at 7:30, dining would be 6:00 to 6:30 range. Open to suggestions as to where.

Re: Cosi fan tutte TONIGHT (OCTOBER 26) - Free ticket with m

Hey! I'm going too. But I've got to get home in time to change into my gown, so I can't meet you for dinner. The coiffure alone will take hours.

I'm in Ring 3 on the left side as you look at the stage.

Meet at the Henry Moore sculpture?

Sounds good. You mean in front of City Hall? At what time? Would be lovely.

No. One of Moore's piles of junk sits in the City Room, on the landing at the top of the Grand Staircase.

I'll be wandering aimlessly, and checking back at the Henry Moore occasionally, so I'm sure I'll meet you and your date - whoever it turns out to be!

Where are you sitting?

I'm in the nosebleeds. I'm glad you clarified where to meet ...

... and thus, folks, another forum member has come over to the dark side, right before your eyes ...

And another UT operaqueen is born!

Your toaster oven is in the mail, BB.

I loved Cosi. So much more modern than most of the Romantic storylines - where the women all die if they're caught being naughty.

In Cosi, everyone cheats on their partners - or tries to, gets caught - or outs themselves, reconciles, and carries on with their lives wiser for the experience. And you just know it'll happen again. The sequel would've been fun.

The C Minor Mass at RTH on Saturday ( a choir of 92! ) was wonderful too, especially soprano Simona Saturova.

Back